Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Sport Bucket Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been told $3,500 for each front seat which would be $7,000. I haven’t priced the new rears yet.
Assuming that's based off this... those prices for for the old seats. The new ones aren't in the EPC yet.

1713032506357.png

Reactions: Evee
Assuming that's based off this... those prices for for the old seats. The new ones aren't in the EPC yet.

View attachment 1038342
It probably was based off the old prices. But the new ones won’t be cheaper. Maybe the same at best. I wonder if a retrofit would swap airbags which may save some costs. Time will tell. More than likely this won’t be worth the cost and won’t be anywhere near as good as an old track Recaro with pass through for harnesses.

It probably was based off the old prices. But the new ones won’t be cheaper. Maybe the same at best. I wonder if a retrofit would swap airbags which may save some costs. Time will tell. More than likely this won’t be worth the cost and won’t be anywhere near as good as an old track Recaro with pass through for harnesses.
Often times with Tesla the official retrofits are cheaper than buying the parts through the EPC and having those installed (steering wheel retrofit for example was $700 when they were still offering that, but $2k buying the parts individually and having those installed). I doubt they'd be swapping airbags from seat to seat.

I would be interested in installing something along the lines of the recaro sportster CS if power, heat, and ventilation could be kept.. but that doesn't seem to be the case (not to mention the airbags themselves also being an issue).

Often times with Tesla the official retrofits are cheaper than buying the parts through the EPC and having those installed (steering wheel retrofit for example was $700 when they were still offering that, but $2k buying the parts individually and having those installed). I doubt they'd be swapping airbags from seat to seat.

I would be interested in installing something along the lines of the recaro sportster CS if power, heat, and ventilation could be kept.. but that doesn't seem to be the case (not to mention the airbags themselves also being an issue).
True. Remember though that with the round wheel retro Tesla gave the round wheel airbag free and took the yoke airbag back.

We will see if they will discount for the same reason with the seats.

If Tesla can find a third party to buy older seats for $200 (for example), you can bet Tesla would be happy to offer $20 bucks. Same way how Tesla low balls trade ins, which I totally get in that all they're doing is playing middle man.

The new seats are stunning, especially in white. I'm in the market for a Plaid now. Just deciding whether to buy new (new seats, hopefully the LED lighting and front bumper camera) and take a hit on the famous depreciation or buy used and retrofit.

With the possibly of retrofitting, this has me intrigued.

Hmm... As I sip a cold one.

I can't imagine them having much use for the old seats to be honest. I don't think they even sell refurbished seats.

Lets see what their retrofit plans are. I would have never believed they'd consider offering a retrofit if it wasn't for the main account directly stating so.
Same here, surprised they’d say that.

For us earlier plaid buyers, the spread on trading in wouldn’t be worth it rather than a few grand for race bucket seats. Hoping it’s not too crazy $$

If Tesla can find a third party to buy older seats for $200 (for example), you can bet Tesla would be happy to offer $20 bucks. Same way how Tesla low balls trade ins, which I totally get in that all they're doing is playing middle man.

The new seats are stunning, especially in white. I'm in the market for a Plaid now. Just deciding whether to buy new (new seats, hopefully the LED lighting and front bumper camera) and take a hit on the famous depreciation or buy used and retrofit.

With the possibly of retrofitting, this has me intrigued.

Hmm... As I sip a cold one.
Go used save yourself 20-25k and just retrofit for a fraction of the cost

I'll never buy a used car again. My '21 Model S LR is the first used car I bought since being a poor college kid, and it was a mistake.

It's taken me a year to shake the demons from my Model S LR. Nothing major, just small stuff that's needed adjusting, correcting and silencing. But I still get the wear-n-tear from the last owner, and worst of all, I know the seat is full of someone else's farts.

Next time, it's new-or-bust.

Reactions: Yelobird and bkcyk
I'll never buy a used car again. My '21 Model S LR is the first used car I bought since being a poor college kid, and it was a mistake.

It's taken me a year to shake the demons from my Model S LR. Nothing major, just small stuff that's needed adjusting, correcting and silencing. But I still get the wear-n-tear from the last owner, and worst of all, I know the seat is full of someone else's farts.

Didn't the 21 MS refresh already come with a bunch of issues in the first place? My last 6 cars have been used and have had only 1 issue including my now P100D. Outside of the HV battery going around 50k miles which was under warranty nothing has been broken. Guess it's the luck of the draw but buying used and giving a good test drive or getting a PPI before purchase goes a long way. Aint much that can go wrong in the first 15-20k miles of a car anyway it's still basically brand new and you didn't take the massive off the low depreciation him. WIN WIN IMO

Reactions: Elektrick

My criteria for used would be a '22+ Q2+ built Plaid. I'd retrofit a new round steering wheel with a center horn (not a stupid button, one of Tesla's biggest fails).

The tilting screen, & new seats is nice, but not a must have.

As for the front bumper camera, 16GB RAM (steam) and interior LED, those I'd like to have.

Say I were to retrofit the steering wheel, seats, front bumper camera (aftermarket, which would be meh due to the random display being an eye sore), interior LED (also meh as it wouldn't be as clean), + a xcare warranty; from a low mileage '22 Plaid sitting around 75k-80k at the moment, it'd be a no brainer to just buy new.

However, the interior LED and front bumper camera hasn't been 100% confirmed yet, only the new seats, so I'm hoping that'll happen soon.

A '21 Plaid with some miles are sitting in the low 60Ks at the moment. $30k Delta from a new one, I know I know. This option would be nice if I didn't care about anything, but just speed and spending weekends at the drag strip.

Just thinking out loud. The only other real benefit buying used would be to get FSD, not for $12k. There was a very clean used '22 Plaid here with FSD that sold for $69k, but with 40k miles.

Do you guys think the '21-'23 Plaids will continue to see these $1,000+ drop in prices throughout the rest of this year? They're not selling well in the used market, for obvious reasons. It's flooded with used inventory.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21

I get it. There are so many used Plaids in the market with extremely low miles and I can't help but to think of them as rejects, with issues, or other hidden skeletons in the closet.

My criteria for used would be a '22+ Q2+ built Plaid. I'd retrofit a new round steering wheel with a center horn (not a stupid button, one of Tesla's biggest fails).

The tilting screen, & new seats is nice, but not a must have.

As for the front bumper camera, 16GB RAM (steam) and interior LED, those I'd like to have.

Say I were to retrofit the steering wheel, seats, front bumper camera (aftermarket, which would be meh due to the random display being an eye sore), interior LED (also meh as it wouldn't be as clean), + a xcare warranty; from a low mileage '22 Plaid sitting around 75k-80k at the moment, it'd be a no brainer to just buy new.

However, the interior LED and front bumper camera hasn't been 100% confirmed yet, only the new seats, so I'm hoping that'll happen soon.

A '21 Plaid with some miles are sitting in the low 60Ks at the moment. $30k Delta from a new one, I know I know. This option would be nice if I didn't care about anything, but just speed and spending weekends at the drag strip.

Just thinking out loud. The only other real benefit buying used would be to get FSD, not for $12k. There was a very clean used '22 Plaid here with FSD that sold for $69k, but with 40k miles.

Do you guys think the '21-'23 Plaids will continue to see these $1,000+ drop in prices throughout the rest of this year? They're not selling well in the used market, for obvious reasons. It's flooded with used inventory.
I mean or when the yoke peels, which it inevitably will before warranty is up, then have service replace it with the updated yoke with a regular horn for free if it bothers you so much