Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Sport Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the new Plaid (and my 2019 P100DL) can be considered performance oriented cars, I have a performance oriented question.

While driving my 2019, I typically have the suspension in comfort mode but there are times when full sport mode is very beneficial. The problem is occasionally this selection needs to be made in an instant and I find myself fumbling around trying to gain access to the suspension screen and touching the two sliders (even more difficult in turns or on uneven pavement).

I was hoping this is addressed more eloquently in the Plaid. Is there an easy and accessible "sport mode" button or switch? Can it be done through voice commands if not?

I leave the suspension menu open for times when I want the car to remember to raise itself next time. I haven’t figured out a way to have it as an easy access icon on the bottom of the screen.

I agree, leaving the suspension menu open is helpful, but you still need to change the "ride comfort" slider from soft to firm and the "handling" slider from soft to sport.

Great idea, I'll give it a try but I have a feeling it will only save one keypress aandthe driver profile button is pretty small. Again, pretty hard to do when you need to keep your eyes on the road and to hands on the wheel.

Short of a "sport mode" button, the next best would be voice. Can anybody verify if suspension options can be changed through voice.

Reactions: Darmie
Great idea, I'll give it a try but I have a feeling it will only save one keypress aandthe driver profile button is pretty small. Again, pretty hard to do when you need to keep your eyes on the road and to hands on the wheel.

Short of a "sport mode" button, the next best would be voice. Can anybody verify if suspension options can be changed through voice.
Let me check real quick.

Nope. Not possible.

Attachments

• F5B93910-A734-4C10-8A04-CFDCF3A65249.jpeg
    F5B93910-A734-4C10-8A04-CFDCF3A65249.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DE7B61F7-3D88-48D5-B878-346D20AD3A3F.jpeg
    DE7B61F7-3D88-48D5-B878-346D20AD3A3F.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for trying the voice control. Seems odd that something of this importance has been neglected. Heck, I believe you can even open the glove box by voice command.

If lowering the suspension is your goal, it can be handled automatically with personalized settings.

I am talking about the soft versus firm and comfort versus sport suspension settings in the advanced section of the adaptive screen. These settings make a huge difference in handling when at speed, particularly in turns. With the suspension set most aggressively, the handling is crisp and almost BMW-like.

In my mind this should be a one push operation like answering the phone, changing the channel, hazard lights etc.

Are most of you just leaving the suspension in the most aggressive setting or do you switch back and forth as the need arises? If you switch, is there a simple way to do it without the multiple presses on the center screen?

Since it appears that an elegant workaround is elusive I am curious how most are setting their adaptive suspension options in their new Plaid's.

Do you typically drive in comfort mode only to switch to sport when necessary or just leave it in sport mode full-time?