Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planned departure ineffective in cold climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah…but it’s a Chevy Traverse….
I was a diehard GM guy until Tesla. Two Pontiac GTOs (the newer Aussie import), Three Chevys all bought new before my first used Model S. When I got my 85, the wife inherited my car until we traded it on the Traverse's little brother (Equinox, 2.0T with Premier trim) which she loves.
It was her first completely new car ever but personally I think it's sluggish and crappy handling after owning two Model S. :)

I was a diehard GM guy until Tesla. Two Pontiac GTOs (the newer Aussie import), Three Chevys all bought new before my first used Model S. When I got my 85, the wife inherited my car until we traded it on the Traverse's little brother (Equinox, 2.0T with Premier trim) which she loves.
It was her first completely new car ever but personally I think it's sluggish and crappy handling after owning two Model S. :)

I was a actually just trying to be funny/sarcastic. Drive what you like.

What HVAC strategy? You press the remote start, the car starts and the heat turns on. It slowly ramps down the heat as the cabin reaches the temp that's set in the car.

What other magic does it do?
Based on sensor input the HVAC will set ducts to front windshield (defrost / demist), turn on seat heaters, turn on rear window defrost. Then as the cabin warms and the RH changes it'll begin to switch vents to manage cabin temp thru the triple zone... or in the warmer parts of the year set the ducts to dash, manage recirc, engage AC drier. etc, etc.

Whereas my 3LR with scheduled departure will simply run the HVAC as I had it last set (auto 68° and so dash vents) so I have to go into the app and trigger defrost mode (vents to front windshield, turn on rear window defrost, temp on HI) to get any demist effect at all, and of course I have to actuate seat or wheel warmer. It's just disappointing that it's not as intuitive as a half dozen other legacy brands. Its feels like one of those "engineered only in california" knock on effects.

In my 25 years of driving I suppose that I've skewed more towards Ford if anything, given that many of my 'fun cars' were Mustang projects...
But I've had a handful of BMW 3 & 5 series, a few Jeep Grand Cherokees, an S5, and basically been all over the spectrum of offerings.
I've never liked her traverse, but she loves it. My 3 is still too strange for her, but I'm chipping away at her... an X would be the perfect replacement. The kids are on board!
I was a actually just trying to be funny/sarcastic. Drive what you like.
Admittedly there is an absolute ton of 'fanboy'ism' around here, so thanks for the giggle.