Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning journey from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watched a video of someone doing a journey from London to Belfast in their Taycan and he showed how he could plan his journey from the phone app, including all the charging stops.

It's mad something like this isn't available on the Tesla app

Another cool thing he could do is set what percentage he wanted to arrive at his destination with - again really useful and something I wish I could do

Reactions: Pandinium
If you're talking about planning, use ABRP. The car will almost always decide to do something different. You could plan a trip day -1, in the car, have it all set up. On the day of travel the car would almost always suggest something different due to the change in temperature, wind any number of factors. If you have a specific route in mind, drive it and the car will sort out your charging stops.

Reactions: Ozboz7
ABRP is useful for getting an idea of a route but is as useful as a chocolate teapot in the car if it decides it's going to do something completely different

You can use ABRP instead of car if you want to ... I've done that to use a preferred alternative (scenic) route.

Not sure that's the answer to the problem, but its an option ...

I agree with "Car may do something different 'coz of Traffic / Temperature", not sure if ABRP has the ability to avoid traffic ... and I am doubtful that it can avoid busy Supercharger sites, but maybe it can.

58EFD0BA-C198-45FD-BAF7-00A392B06E9C.png

Reactions: spdpsba
I set a destination viathe app and sent it to The car just as I have previously Via Google maps
Every time I’ve done that, the search is on the car screen saying no connectivity.
If I just get in the car without a destination, there is always LTE signal and there is wifi in the garage anyway.
It seems that when a destination is sent to the car LTE doesn’t wake up!
I can sit in the garage and set a destination in the car no problem.

Anyone have the same issue