Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planting a tree with your Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

maxr

Nov 16, 2016
Spain
Hi all

I have a tree planting platform and I had the idea to offer a tree for every Model S or X owner. Basically if you purchased an X or S you can claim your tree and we’ll plant it for you in one of our projects.

First a little disclaimer, I’m a huge huge fan of Tesla and have been feverishly following them since 2012. Their mission is spot on and the role model they’ve become to other companies is invaluable, especially in terms of protecting our environment. So that’s one of the reason behind this idea.

Also, the platform I created is meant to encourage people to keep planting, so I hope that a small percentage of the people who own Tesla cars will grow fond of Tree-Nation and help us plant more trees around the world.

I’ll be interested to know if you like this idea and if you have suggestions about how this could work to prove ownership of the car in order to receive the tree. For now I think all we need is your name, email and a picture of your car as a proof of ownership.

This is not an official Tesla initiative but my own. I stress again that I’m a big fan of Tesla and have loads of respect for what they do. So I would not want to do that against their will. If they want to contact me, I’ll be here to listen.

Hope you like the idea!
Here is the platform Tree-Nation is the platform to reforest the world and fight climate change. Plant trees and offset your CO2 emissions!

So to claim your tree you can write me to [email protected]

Max

BTW, I've transported and planted 12 6-8 foot trees using my Model S since I took delivery Dec 2016. The rear seats fold down and its an almost perfect car to fit some decent sized trees. The fact the car is so low to the ground makes loading and unloading the tree by the rootball that much easier. My LEAF was only able to handle 5 foot max trees.

I only have a Leaf right now. Can I get a shrub? Maybe a tall weed?

Seriously though, nice idea. I'll be sure to participate when I finally take delivery. Even though I have a truck, I have regularly hauled home improvement loads including many plants in my Leaf. Once I brought home an 8 piece outdoor dining set, super fun. I'm sure the Tesla will see the same type of service.

Sign me up!!! Contacting you now. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this.

You're welcome! I received your email and I just sent you your tree!

I only have a Leaf right now. Can I get a shrub? Maybe a tall weed?

Seriously though, nice idea. I'll be sure to participate when I finally take delivery. Even though I have a truck, I have regularly hauled home improvement loads including many plants in my Leaf. Once I brought home an 8 piece outdoor dining set, super fun. I'm sure the Tesla will see the same type of service.

Well... exceptionally we'll accept your leaf as well ;-)
Just send me an email to [email protected] to be able to send you your tree.

Anyone with a Tesla is welcome to email me to get his/her tree.