Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

plastic on screen- took me a month to notice it..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a week into owning the car I wiped down the screen and was a little bit disappointed to see some light scratches and swirls on the screen when the light was shining on it wrong. Then yesterday I noticed a small bubble near to top right of the screen. Mentioned it to my girlfriend and she looked real close and thought it was a sensor or something. Nope. She suggested maybe the plastic was still on it. My initial reaction was Nah, usually those overhand and look real crappy. Well she decided to start picking at the edge and after about 15 seconds it started to peel. The original plastic was still on there. She was able to put it back with no bubbles. I am leaving it for now as other than a few scratches it looks fine. A whole month it took me to realized it. Anybody else not peel there screen plastic yet?

It took me about half a day. But the touch screen is so much more non-responsive with the plastic on, I probably would have noticed it earlier if I was playing with it more. Funny thing is that it was my wife suggested that maybe the plastic was still on when I told her that the screen was not as responsive as my tablet. And I was like no way.. and she went and peeled it off. I guess women noticed these things... LOL.

The plastic has been reported on TMC before.

After one of the very early Model 3 owner crashes, the front seat passenger got cut on the center screen’s broken glass and the owner tweeted Elon about that and that the glove box wouldn’t open to retrieve the registration for the police. Elon said he would have plastic put on the screens so it may be on the screen for that safety reason. The way the glove box opened in an accident was also changed as I recall.

Did you notice this plastic too?
I intentionally have not removed mine yet...

89F15858-5A25-48BB-9AD7-EE3636484933.jpeg

OMFG I just put a screen protector on last week, and didn’t even think to look if there was anything already on the glass.

I sooooo hope I didn’t just put a protector on top of a protector! My wife would never let me live it down :p

And I’m out of town for work so I can’t even go and check...total panic attack now LMAO

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
OMFG I just put a screen protector on last week, and didn’t even think to look if there was anything already on the glass.

I sooooo hope I didn’t just put a protector on top of a protector! My wife would never let me live it down :p

And I’m out of town for work so I can’t even go and check...total panic attack now LMAO
For sure the stock screen protector was on it. Better order a new screen protector to replace it.