Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please don't buy the CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over 2 million orders let’s say half of those back out it’s gonna take four years of production to fill current orders…… and then you have to factor in people who are going to jump on the bandwagon and order once the truck comes out ….. gonna be a long process to get a cybertruck if you haven’t already ordered.

Last edited:
Model 3 had ~500,000 pre-orders (that were $1000 back then btw, CT is only $100). Once they cleared about 40k deliveries (mid 2018, about a year after initial delivery event) you could just order one regardless of reservation status and have it in less than a month. And that was with 'production hell' slowing things down and almost tanking the company supposedly. I suspect this time around you will be able to just order a CT with no reservation within 3-6 months of the delivery event. Both because I don't expect anything like the production hell that happened with the Model 3, and also softer demand than reservations would suggest. But I could be wrong. Best of luck to those that want one.

Model 3 had ~500,000 pre-orders (that were $1000 back then btw, CT is only $100). Once they cleared about 40k deliveries (mid 2018, about a year after initial delivery event) you could just order one regardless of reservation status and have it in less than a month. And that was with 'production hell' slowing things down and almost tanking the company supposedly. I suspect this time around you will be able to just order a CT with no reservation within 3-6 months of the delivery event. Both because I don't expect anything like the production hell that happened with the Model 3, and also softer demand than reservations would suggest. But I could be wrong. Best of luck to those that want one.
The problem 4680 is a battery shortage.

H8QgEoJ.jpg

Reactions: TessP100D
Save your money for the 2nd gen, it will hover over the rough terrain/traffic jams and will be far more valuable. Leave the ordinary CT's for those of us that need them for work, retirement travel etc.
Sure is a safe way to do this. Realistically, if you are in the middle on the waiting list, there's a very high likelihood it will be 3 years before you get to order one, and there will be 3 years of bug fixes before you get your truck. I was thinking of waiting a few months before a preorder to make sure I get one in Yr2, but it appears I waited too long and won't get anything until late 2026 - since it's already Q4 2023

Reactions: TessP100D
Yep. If you can avoid the FOMO, you'll get a higher build quality CT a year later for a lower price. Tesla drops prices for end-of-quarter sale targets all the time, and the Cybertruck won't be an exception.

I am a poser. I never put anything on the flatbeds of my trucks. I just like to pretend I am a Trump dude. I also put a gun range platform on my trucks. Although I own no riffles (just a few handguns).

So yeah, I am getting the Cybertruck 🤷‍♂️

Yep. If you can avoid the FOMO, you'll get a higher build quality CT a year later for a lower price. Tesla drops prices for end-of-quarter sale targets all the time, and the Cybertruck won't be an exception.
In my experience, those incentives have been offered after the middle of a quarter and have been for high-availability vehicles that have inventory or that can be ordered and delivered by the end of the quarter. I think it will be a considerable length of time before someone can order a CT and receive it within a few weeks.

Reactions: scottf200