Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery” no vin yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Account page updated to
No VIN yet
“Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery“
I got the same notice to pay in full before delivery about 4 days ago. A day later a vin#, 9XXX, showed up in my source code, but not in the account page. I do not have a MVPA either
If you live in a state that does not allow Tesla to do direct sales, you might have to pay before your delivery.
I called the Delivery Center here in San Diego to try and verify the vin# I found in the source code . I was told that , the vin# I see may or may not end being my vin# depending on when the car with that Vin is built or shipped.
They also verified that I can make my full payment at the time of delivery of the car.
I also asked about insurance and the rep told me I had to wait to see the vin# in my account page.
Pearl White, LR AWD, 5 Seat, 19” wheels, No FSD,

I live in California. I had financing already arranged for $45K, but still needed to pay the remaining balance. I was allowed to pay balance once I accepted delivery (after I did a thorough walk-through of my vehicle).

I wonder if you did not yet provide evidence of financing, and perhaps that is why you received the message.