Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery” no vin yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it’s been a huge headache. I also doubt anyone will not get their full refund... There are any number of states, including mine, where you have to pay first. Everything worked out well and will continue to, I’m sure. Enough of the Chicken Little Syndrome... If you want perfection, and aren’t willing to create it yourself, just go somewhere else and try and find it...

ß

Reactions: Thp3 and jimmym1981
I doubt it’s been a huge headache. I also doubt anyone will not get their full refund... There are any number of states, including mine, where you have to pay first. Everything worked out well and will continue to, I’m sure. Enough of the Chicken Little Syndrome... If you want perfection, and aren’t willing to create it yourself, just go somewhere else and try and find it...

ß

I actually read several people say they decided to refund their cars and it's taken them 30+ day to process the refund. I actually do not doubt it won't take long to get a refund. they are a huge company dealing with large numbers and possibly financing. This isn't amazon where they can click a button to refund you back to your credit card.

And I think everybody has their own right to purchase a car up to their liking and standards. Thats why you purchase things, because you like it. It just happens to be Tesla being the most advanced EV maker right now that people are left dealing with this.

ß
Umm, not Chicken Little, and not hyperbole. Have been owner for 5 years, and have been fortunate with my experiences. I have read many stories from others, some from long time owners who have had challenging experiences. As many others have said, love my car, want the company to succeed, but have no issue calling out the company when warranted. Giving them all money upfront puts risk on buyer, when Tesla has not always lived up to their word. Fortunately this policy was not in effect when I bought my cars..