TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Please Wait Vehicle Powering Up

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Arslin, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Arslin

Arslin Member

I have seen this message on three separate occasions. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented? When this happens it takes 10 to 15 minutes for my car to be responsive/drivable. This happened to me this morning and it made me late to an appointment.

Thanks,
    Wade

2. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

this happened to me twice but they were short delays like a minute or so. 10-15 min seems why too long and not normal. i would call service just in case

3. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

A minute is what I see on occasion. Agree with jtdiddy

4. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i just had this happen yesterday, (sort of), when i left work for home. my center stack/mcu/screen was black and my dash was on but not really responsive. i could restart the the dash but nothing happened in the middle...

i called roadside assistance and you have to do a full hard reset.

how do you do that!? you press both scroll wheels while simultaneously pushing in the brake pedal. be patient! you will have to hold this for 30-60 seconds or until the "T" shows up on the screen!!!

5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Are all you guys on MCU2 ??? That’s a long reboot :(

6. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

i'm on MCU2 but again, this only has happened to me like 1 or 2 times each lasting like 30 sec to maybe a min

7. MXFan

MXFan Member

I’m on MCU1 and the long power up has happened to me every morning since I got the 2018.26 update.

8. XHokie

XHokie Member

I had this happen on a recent trip I took, where the outside temperatures were over 100 degrees. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but maybe parking outside for a longer period of time, or driving for a couple of hours, in the direct sun on really hot days has something to do with it...?

9. MXFan

MXFan Member

My car is in a garage every morning. Pretty sure it’s not heat related.

10. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I have 3/18 build, new MCU2

This “system powering up” message appeared fairly commonly for me since 2018.24 update. Sometimes I’d have to wait less than a second, other times 10-15 seconds.

Since the new update a few days ago, I haven’t seen it once.

• Informative x 1