Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plex AAC 5. 1 audio issues - no audio transcoding for Chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to use Plex via abettertheater.com or even through the native browser. In both cases I am having issues with media that is encoded as AAC 5.1. I only hear background audio but no dialogues. If I try to play media encoded as either AC3 5.1 or DTS or just standard Stereo, it works great. So not sure what is the issue with AAC 5.1. I tried looking into Plex dashboard, it shows transcoding x265 to x264 for Chrome but the audio is a native play. Plex is therefore not transcoding audio and is somehow thinking that Chrome should be able to play it natively. Has anyone seen this issue and if there is any workaround? Trying to see if there is a way to force Plex to transcode both Video and Audio, then that might work. Is AAC audio problem a known issue that could potentially be fixed in a future Tesla update?

I continue to see this issue. There have been a few software updates since I got the car but I tried again last night and the issue remains. I was hoping that once they update the Chrome version maybe this will go away. I believe the last S/W update updated the Chrome version. Unfortunately, I still don't hear dialogues when I play a movie with AAC 5.1 encoding. Was wondering if anyone else is facing this issue?