Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug In BC Charger Installation Rebates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to get the rebate if you just buy the HPWC from Tesla now and worry about installation later (to beat the deadline)?

I thought about doing the same, but sadly no, the full program requires it to be installed. Proof is required as you need to submit in pictures.

I looked into this earlier this year, but wanted to wait until closer to the delivery of the car before proceeding. Didn't realize they will get rid of the program that quickly otherwise I would've just done it back then.

Is it possible to get the rebate if you just buy the HPWC from Tesla now and worry about installation later (to beat the deadline)?

Even though I only applied for rebate on the charger, I still had to upload the contractor form and pictures of the installed charger. I did the install myself with help from a friend who was kind enough to fill out the form for me. Of course he did make sure that it was done right.

We are still in the middle of things with the rebate, so I'll write a follow up post once the process is (hopefully) complete.

We applied for a Homeowners Electrical Work Permit, then installed the HPWC, and then the electrical inspector came out and completed an inspection, which we passed. We're just waiting for the official certificate of inspection to come from City Hall now, then we'll mail that in for the rebate, along with the HPWC receipt, supplies receipt, and electrical permit receipt.

The quotes I got from electricians to install the HPWC were between $500-$800.

Very relieved! Our rebate application was approved the day after I submitted it. Just have to wait for the cheque — fortunately, I happen to be pretty good at waiting now ;)

Reactions: Koflach
Feeling very lucky. I ordered the wall connector on June 28th and it arrived yesterday (July 3). My electrician will come in tomorrow to do the install so I should be able to put in my application for the rebate before the cutoff. Thanks to garretdigital for posting earlier on this thread that the rebate was expiring soon. If I hadn't seen that post I would have likely delayed ordering the wall connector a bit longer and would have missed the opportunity to apply for the rebate.

Last edited:
Did you get the inspection done too?

Yup. I got all the forms from the company I used.

Feeling very lucky. I ordered the wall connector on June 28th and it arrived yesterday (July 3). My electrician will come in tomorrow to do the install so I should be able to put in my application for the rebate before the cutoff. Thanks to garretdigital for posting earlier on this thread that the rebate was expiring soon. If I hadn't seen that post I would have likely delayed ordering the wall connector a bit longer and would have missed the opportunity to apply for the rebate.

Agreed. I managed to find a company that sold me the wall connector as well and so i didn't have to wait for Tesla to ship it. Thanks garretdigital too!