Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in car Grant now £3000 (was £3500) for cars under £50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you know about hidden VINs? If not, look in the source code on the Manage page and search for "5YJ3" - that will tell you what your VIN is. Assuming you have a VIN, which I would've thought is certain, then you should receive a delivery text fairly soon asking you to specify the date you want to use.

You can also try going to this - ht tps://tesla.com/en_GB/schedule/RN111111111 - removing the space in "ht tps" and replacing the RN1111111111 with your RN number.

Given you ordered 5 days before me, and I've had the grant, then I'd say it's 99.9% certain you will too :)

Reactions: seadog
Assuming you have a VIN, which I would've thought is certain, then you should receive a delivery text fairly soon asking you to specify the date you want to use.

Yes have got a VIN.

As everyone says you should be fine but this is Tesla though. They do F-up sometimes. If you are concerned and have the time and energy to wait in a queue for an hour you could call them and they would be able to confirm.

Did call Edinburgh yesterday, no queue to get through but not much help, told delivery still expected end of this month although cannot confirm, also asked about the PIG on my order said they thought it should be OK but would not confirm.

told delivery still expected end of this month although cannot confirm

Very likely, given that you have Hidden VIN. Tesla will not want any cars unsold over the end of quarter (end of March). No further ships on the high seas at that time either ... so subsequent deliveries (apart from the odd few that slip over end-of-month) unlikely to be until May and there is talk of nothing/much until June.

Reactions: seadog and Durzel
Agree with the above. Everyone I've spoken to has said that the ships currently out are the last deliveries before a hiatus until towards the end of Q2 (May/June).

If you have a VIN, your car is somewhere either on land or on one of the boats. Possibly GLOVIS CAPTAIN though I think maybe the one before that? (ASIAN KING?). Delivery texts seem to come through at a certain trigger point, I've had mine already and I know for certain my car is on GLOVIS which hasn't even landed at Zeebrugge yet.

I hope you feel a bit reassured by the above. Your car is coming, before the end of March, and will have the £3,500 PICG applied.

Reactions: seadog
Charging infrastructure
In his Budget speech Mr Sunak said he wanted to ensure that drivers are never more than 30 miles from an EV rapid charging point. To help meet that target and encourage EV uptake he announced a £500 million fund to help support the roll-out of more rapid charging “hubs” around the country.

taken from here

Budget 2020: from red diesel rebate changes to fuel duty freeze, what the statem

The plot thickens...

Just spoken to a really helpful dude on the phone at Tesla. I queried why my account hadn't updated when I've been approved for the finance. He quickly updated all elements on the account and when I refreshed I had a different screen with the 'next steps' and 'what to bring' etc. He also was quite positive about my car having been registered on the OLEV portal but couldn't say for definite???

I said I'm willing to bet that you've had a lot of calls about the grant removal and he said, 'in a word, yes'. Also said that Tesla are putting together a small team to deal with the fall out from the change in rules and that they're going to be getting in contact with anybody affected to advise on what they want to do next.

Lastly, mentioned my potential delivery dates as being 26/27th March, which ties in nicely with the Glovis Captain and then a week or so for collection. Either way, i still don't know if the car is gonna cost me an extra £3500 but it was an enjoyable phone call :D

Final invoice received...

PLUG IN CAR GRANT INCLUDED! Get in!

Just to give another update; I received a call from Tesla Edinburgh today advising me that the PiCG will not be applied to my Model 3 performance scheduled for delivery on 27/03. I was offered the option to pay the extra £3500, change it to a Long Range with the reduced £3000 grant applied or lose my £100 deposit. We already have a few other Tesla’s in the company and I mentioned that when they eliminated the charge for white metallic on new orders our last Model 3 was delivered at the same time as people who got it for free but they still charged us for it claiming the price is as per the original order in all circumstances. He said nothing they can do and that’s the final decision. Seems they do not care so unsure what to do...tempted to just cancel as it leaves a bitter taste.

Just to give another update; I received a call from Tesla Edinburgh today advising me that the PiCG will not be applied to my Model 3 performance scheduled for delivery on 27/03. I was offered the option to pay the extra £3500, change it to a Long Range with the reduced £3000 grant applied or lose my £100 deposit. We already have a few other Tesla’s in the company and I mentioned that when they eliminated the charge for white metallic on new orders our last Model 3 was delivered at the same time as people who got it for free but they still charged us for it claiming the price is as per the original order in all circumstances. He said nothing they can do and that’s the final decision. Seems they do not care so unsure what to do...tempted to just cancel as it leaves a bitter taste.

When did you order? and what method have you used for payment?

Given the delivery date you must have ordered a while back so did they f-up and not apply for the grant for some reason? if so you would think the least they would do is offer you your £100 back! I assume if you take them up on the LR change you won't be getting it on the 27th any more :(

Ordered earlier this month and it was cash payment. Completed all the details online and submitted all the documents. It seems from the conversation they just didn’t have the resources to submit the grant claim for many orders placed in March.

There is a new red one with white interior on the inventory just now @ £55990 which appears to have the £3500 grant applied as new list is £59490! It's in Dartford but depends how much you want one, would still be a good saving.

Reactions: CMc1
Given the delivery date you must have ordered a while back so did they f-up and not apply for the grant for some reason? if so you would think the least they would do is offer you your £100 back! I assume if you take them up on the LR change you won't be getting it on the 27th any more :(
I don’t think it’s fair to call it an f-up as they are clear in their terms the grant is “subject to availability” so technically it’s down to luck if the car wasn’t paid or delivered before this last minute change by the government. Really the government is to blame with the way they implemented the rules with no notice. Interestingly a friend in France had a similar situation earlier this year as they also withdrew the grant for cars over €60,000 and it was the same story. With Edinburgh being particularly busy with deliveries relative to the size I suspect they just cannot handle the volume. He did say they would “probably” be able to match me with a Long Range for delivery around the same time as they have a lot of cancellations due to the virus situation etc. so I’m on the fence. Might just hang onto my Model S and try to find an extended warranty as it’s 4 years old this summer.

I actually asked about that and he said it also wouldn’t have the grant applied so I think they are just playing catch up.

Ah, not so good. Right enough when you click buy now the price does update to £59490. Very annoying if your order was well before the budget, was it early March or near the 11th? Hope I do not have the same problem with my order but it was early Feb so fingers crossed it's OK but it's still a nagging worry until its finalised.

I actually asked about that and he said it also wouldn’t have the grant applied so I think they are just playing catch up.
I’ll send him an email with a link to that specific car just to see what they say. However, I don’t fancy paying more for a colour I don’t want and travelling all the way to Dartford. As I said the whole thing leaves a bit of a bitter taste so while I am on the fence my gut instinct is to keep my model s. Perhaps buying expensive cars under the current circumstances isn’t such a clever idea anyway.

Reactions: WannabeOwner