Just as I would never go into my bathroom and plug two hair dryers into two outlets I knew were on the same circuit and trust the circuit breaker to trip and not catch the house on fire, I wouldn't trust campground wiring of unknown providence to shut off gracefully when presented with big, continuous loads.
I am reminded of one of Murphy's Laws of Technology, which, while a bit dated, is germaine:
"The $400 television tube will blow to protect the $0.10 fuse."
Believe it or not this was the most advanced newest-looking electrical setup I'd ever seen in the campground. Each unit had a radio like repeater that went back to the main location where they could turn the power on and off. Kind of like check out time has passed your power is off.
I'm sure they knew who the guilty party was. Yet they shouldn't have a system that would shut down half the campground. Me cycling that localized breaker again and again probably trip something.