Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watched a review of the Polestar 1 on MotorWeek. Holly crap, $156k for 70 miles of range. 4 cylinder engine kicks in once battery depletes. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. 4.4 cubic feet of trunk space. Between this and the Taycan, the Performance Model S is truly a bargain and years ahead of the competition.

Completely agree. A $156K hybrid? All that carbon fiber, 600+ HP, 700+ lb-ft of torque, and it's still slower to 60 than our non-Performance Standard Range S? What is Volvo/Polestar thinking? And what are buyers of the first 150 cars thinking? Just proves how far behind the competition is.

Just watched a review of the Polestar 1 on MotorWeek.
Holly crap, $156k for 70 miles of range. 4 cylinder engine kicks in once battery depletes.
0-60 in 4.2 seconds. 4.4 cubic feet of trunk space. Between this and the Taycan,
the Performance Model S is truly a bargain and years ahead of the competition.
That's the problem with other car makers who still have workers all over the world making parts for ICE engines.
So they want to continue making and selling ICE engines, but them combining them with EV
with good range will be more and more an expensive proposition, especially with Dual-Motor.

Note: Is there really a noticeable performance boost by having a Dual-Electrical motor on the rear axial,
and would it be simpler and more economical to have only one rear electrical motor?

The combination of front wheels ICE and rear wheels EV is not common. I believe only Peugeot/Citroen
used it for a while with the PSA HYbrid4 powertrain but the 2020 Peugeot 508 Hybrid don't seems to use it anymore.

Note: A little detail interesting was that the PSA HYbrid4 rear engine was used for reverse, thus making the front gear box without a reverse gear.

The Polestar 1 is only a 2 Door 2+2 with a tiny trunk, so this is not really a competitor for the Model S but more for Mercedes AMG GT C Coupe.

I was thinking in fact that MotorWeek had been able to put their hand on the Polstar 2, which would be close to the Model S.

Note: The Polestar 2 is Dual-motor AWD, I wonder if there might then a possibility to have a Polstar 2
with Tri-electrical motors using the Polestar 1 Dual-Motor rear axial?

Last edited:
The only other potential competitor in the near future for my needs would be the Audi e-Tron GT or whatever they're calling that thing. I sure hope that ends up being even 80% of what the newer Model S is because it will give another option to challenge Tesla to care about customer service once again.