Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] Best combo? Chrome/Blackout/Aero/De-aero (with photos)

Best combo? Chrome/Blackout/Aero/De-aero

• Aero and standard chrome accents

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Aero and de-chromed windows/handles

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • De-aero'd with chrome accents

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • De-aero'd with de-chromed windows/handles

Votes: 42 43.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this exact color/wheels combo and have been debating the same questions. I can't decide between de-chroming with bare wheel matched gray or chroming the wheels.
4-9-2018 9-37-50 AM.jpg

I have this exact color/wheels combo and have been debating the same questions. I can't decide between de-chroming with bare wheel matched gray or chroming the wheels.View attachment 292823

This is the one I like best. I'm looking into chrome or silver powder coat for the 18" wheels. I think the wheels are fine personally and was happy to find that there was an under-aero option..

Reactions: boiler81
My personal preference, if I were to modify the exterior appearance, is to make it subtle. Black wheels + dark tint windows + dechrome starts to scream obnoxious to me. I would just chrome delete the trim. Aero cover off/on is whatever your preference is, and I don't think either should be modified.

All but ONE of these photos are photoshopped. I'm still trying to figure out what color/rim combination. I'm leaning towards blue (hence that's what I used for this poll). I'm particularly confused because of the chrome accents around the windows and door handles may or may not compliment the de-aero'd wheels and not enough photos of this vehicle exist yet! I was wondering if de-chroming (also known as black-out) those accents would look good with the aero or de-aero'd 18" wheels. Generally the blackout look usually looks sporty to me and the chrome look usually looks classy/expensive to me. Since I really want 18" wheels for ride compliance, I'm sort of stuck with midnight grey wheels to work with. Anyway, attached are 4 images of a blue M3 with 18" wheels:
  1. Original image = Aero and standard chrome accents
  2. Aero and de-chromed windows/handles
  3. De-aero'd with chrome accents
  4. De-aero'd with de-chromed windows/handles
De-chroming is something that I would do later, but I have to choose my wheels correctly during order (as well as paint color), so that's why I'm doing this now. By the way, I understand this is subjective and we won't all agree, but I'm curious what others think!

1. Original image = Aero and standard chrome accents
View attachment 249214

2. Aero and de-chromed windows/handles
View attachment 249213

3. De-aero'd with chrome accents
View attachment 249216

4. De-aero'd with de-chromed windows/handles
View attachment 249215
What % tints do u have. 20%?