Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Did you buy EAP or FSD when they were discounted at 3k+2k?

Did you buy EAP or FSD when they were discounted at 3k+2k?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. With EAP I have everything I need and want, and it looks like I should get advanced Summon as part of EAP when that comes out. FSD? Based on my experience with NOA sans confirmation, I think it'll be a while before the FSD feature set is at a point where I think it's worth paying for. And I don't tend to hold onto cars long enough to likely find out.

I voted "No, I don't want neither of them", but really, I just couldn't justify either of them. I have an 8km commute to work and only put on 10K of driving in the last year. Further, my spending money is invested in TSLA (stock price was poor then.. not about to sell to buy AP) or going to other things such as house maintenance. I already stretched to get the LR RWD..

Thanks for your replies, can anyone confirm the current upgrade price for EAP and FSD?

I have them so can not see the prices anymore.

Would be great to if you clarify your bought the car when (EAP=5k, FSD=3k) or when (AP=3k, FSD=5k.

My Aug 2018 X says $5,000 to upgrade from AP to FSD.
My Dec 2017 S said the same thing when I upgraded, but Tesla refunded $1,000 as I was told the upgrade would be $4,000 when I bought the car and then upgraded at a later date. I suspect the same would happen with the X as the purchase agreement said the same $4,000 price for upgrading to FSD after the purchase of the vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: printf42
I bought EAP with the car, did not want to pay for FSD until it is released and I can read some reviews / feedback.
In fact I am still skeptical about the time-frame it will be available, expect much longer than Elon's projections.

However, the temporary price drop made me change my mind, it was too cheap to pass the opportunity even if I need to wait several years until release.

I bought EAP with my mod 3 LR RWD.
The web page now says $5000 for FSD.
I am an early access program beta tester and
1. NoA no confirmation is okay but I find it is less stressful just to signal when you want to make a lane change.
2. Advanced summons is cool but it is just a toy feature for now.
I am looking forward to the new computer and the things it will enable but I have to sell it to my wife that I want to spend an additional $5000+ on my already expensive car.
I too believe autopilot will allow more and more automated driving with human oversight but it may take a while before this human will allow it to do its thing without me constantly watching it.

I didn’t buy EAP or FSD when I purchased my car in 2017 for 7k.

Later, the price rose to 11k and certainly didn’t care to pay that much.

But when it dropped to 5k for both, I jumped on it. Especially since that pricing didn’t have EAP. It just had TACC and lane keeping for the “AP” level. The Navigate on Autopilot is pretty slick that was now included with FSD. Glad I purchased both. But even with NOAP current functionality, I wouldn’t have paid 11k for both. I can drive my own car for that price.