Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Do you use the Frunk on your Model 3?

M3 Frunk vs Truck usage

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One month into ownership and I have not used the frunk yet. When I get out of my M3 I walk towards the rear to plug it in. It is more convenient to use the closer trunk.

Also I am still uncomfortable closing the frunk. Does the hood dent as easy as the manual leads you to believe? It looks pretty solid to me!

The frunk size could be advantageous when hauling small items. Does the frunk "well" keep packages from jostling about?

I've used mine only when necessary due to the trunk/passenger compartment being full. I'm scared of denting the hood. If I felt more comfortable closing it without damaging it I'd be inclined to use it more.

I keep a stroller in the frunk and use it when picking up food.

B9FC239A-D60F-46F8-8321-E9F350181501.jpeg

Reactions: GenSao and forkee
I use the frunk as long as whatever it is will fit in there and my hands aren't totally full. As others have mentioned, it's great for keeping food smells out of the cabin.

When I took the kids camping recently, I put all the non-cooler food in the frunk and we just grabbed things out of there as needed instead of putting it in a separate container/bag that needed to be moved back and forth from the car to ensure we had a "clean" site. At one point, a group of young boys walked past our site when the frunk was open and we heard:

"That's a COOL Tesla!"

I do online grocery ordering and then pick up in the store parking lot. [Side note: really impressed with how much time and money this saves!] Our city now has a plastic bag ban, meaning stores cannot give out plastic bags anymore. Popped a couple of those blue Ikea bags in the frunk and it was the perfect size for everything. The store employees who bring out the groceries always get a kick out of it, too :)

I find the frunk is a pain in the butt since I have to pull out my phone to open it. I like the hard button for the trunk. Also, closing it is a two handed operation and kind of a pain (takes multiple tries usually).

With that said, it gets decent use. My daughter specifically loves it and so she encourages me to use it. Also, we have taken several trips in the M3 and so I always put my laptop bag and overnight bag in there.

Reactions: thelastdeadmouse
use the frunk primarily when bringing home takeout food. Works great for the pizza since you don't smell it in the cabin and get the urge to eat and drive or worse yet speed home ;). The Trunk has so much room and I am usually approaching the car from the trunk so it just works out that way.

• Love
Reactions: MikeATL