Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How do you charge?

How do you mainly charge your Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WhiteWi said:
Also looks like almost equal split between MC and WC plus other means actually higher. So Elon was correct.

but it does show lower usage for MC lol
So I guess now you want to use the data from this poll? Anyways, Elon's comment wasn't that the MC was used the least of all options to charge, it was "Usage statistics were super low". When you have an even split between 2 products, neither is wasteful. That just means you have 2 good products that people utilize based on their individual needs.

Reactions: Rocky_H
If the poll was showing a 2.9% MC usage rate neither of you would be talking about the accuracy of this poll. I don't think anyone here would take this poll with more than a grain of salt, except for you two.
Nope not at all this has nothing to do with how I feel about Tesla this is calling someone a liar because 200 people had a poll. Even Tesla-fi with 12k people still isn't an accurate poll. I don't understand why you don't see that. If I ask 200 people in Pennsylvania should seat warmers be a huge button on the screen does that mean everyone in Florida also wants them?
It really seems obvious to me that all of the facts aren't in right now and hey maybe I'm wrong? I'm actually surprised at even these numbers that people with cars that are pushing $100k are to cheap :) to install wall chargers. I am just joking I know there are probably a lot of reasons the MC makes sense and it's not being cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWi
Nope not at all this has nothing to do with how I feel about Tesla this is calling someone a liar because 200 people had a poll. Even Tesla-fi with 12k people still isn't an accurate poll. I don't understand why you don't see that. If I ask 200 people in Pennsylvania should seat warmers be a huge button on the screen does that mean everyone in Florida also wants them?
It really seems obvious to me that all of the facts aren't in right now and hey maybe I'm wrong I'm actually surprised at even these numbers that people with cars that are pushing $100k are to cheap :) to install wall chargers.
No one is calling anyone a liar, the only statements I see coming from this pole are "Elon is Correct". This pole, I'm assuming was to get a general, non-scientific feel for how people charge their cars.
I see owners stating they disagree with the decision since they use their MCs and others agreeing with the decision as they don't use theirs. Then there are the couple of die hard Tesla backers that are trying to turn this in to a circus and can't believe people use their MCs since Elon said they don't.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
No one is calling anyone a liar, the only statements I see coming from this pole are "Elon is Correct". This pole, I'm assuming was to get a general, non-scientific feel for how people charge their cars.
I see owners stating they disagree with the decision since they use their MCs and others agreeing with the decision as they don't use theirs. Then there are the couple of die hard Tesla backers that are trying to turn this in to a circus and can't believe people use their MCs since Elon said they don't.
Maybe read again about my personal experience without attaching labels. Also no where I said that this poll is not fun way to see non scientific data.

Last edited:
If you have a wall charger, why do you use a supercharger as part of your primary charging? Obviously everybody uses those on road trips, but I didn't think many people who had home charging used superchargers near home on a frequent basis, unless you have an older car with unlimited free supercharging.
The X is our road trip car. It has many more Supercharger KWh's in it than from the wall charger. We do not use Superchargers for local charging.