Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How do you charge?

How do you mainly charge your Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing you say means anything, you're not an enthusiast, you're a fanboy. Elon could fart in a bottle and sell it for $500, you'd be the first one on this site hyping up how awesome it is.
I just think everything I see is to ramp up production and get better in the current environment. Every little change I hear about is just about production speed. Not to somehow steal money from the consumer. If Tesla is unable to produce models that are affordable to everyone they will fail. At the end of the day if they can't meet the demand and offer an affordable car they will fail.

Reactions: WhiteWi and DrGriz
I just think everything I see is to ramp up production and get better in the current environment. Every little change I hear about is just about production speed. Not to somehow steal money from the consumer. If Tesla is unable to produce models that are affordable to everyone they will fail. At the end of the day if they can't meet the demand and offer an affordable car they will fail.
So....what do you say about prioritizing FSD, MYP and removing VINs from people at EOQ and re-assigning them to people who live closer to Fremont to bump Q1 delivery numbers? Are those just about production speed? Or how Giga Austin is focused on the new standard range MY, instead of helping the backlog of MYLR.
Tesla is willing to sell you a MY quickly, if you're willing to pony up $10 - $12K for FSD or upgrade to the Performance version. I understand the profit margins are larger on those, but if you order a MYP or FSD in 2022 and get your car before someone who ordered a MYLR in 2021, that's a money grab 100%.
If they were trying to ramp up production and get better, they would be pumping out MYLR versions from Austin to catch up with demand.

So....what do you say about prioritizing FSD, MYP and removing VINs from people at EOQ and re-assigning them to people who live closer to Fremont to bump Q1 delivery numbers? Are those just about production speed? Or how Giga Austin is focused on the new standard range MY, instead of helping the backlog of MYLR.
Tesla is willing to sell you a MY quickly, if you're willing to pony up $10 - $12K for FSD or upgrade to the Performance version. I understand the profit margins are larger on those, but if you order a MYP or FSD in 2022 and get your car before someone who ordered a MYLR in 2021, that's a money grab 100%.
If they were trying to ramp up production and get better, they would be pumping out MYLR versions from Austin to catch up with demand.
An unfair priority on those who spend more? If you give me more money I'll prioritize my effort. But I see your point and that could be the case with getting the performance numbers up. Nothing is a charity though so you have to produce and continue to grow.

I just don't think the hardware removal has anything to do with profit it looks like a production issue.

Off topic a bit I'm new here. I'm really surprised at how many people on here seem to hate Tesla and own them. I'm used to Auto forums with people are just solving the issues with the cars not hating the company. I don't know about you but I never felt like Audi, BMW or Mercedes gave a *sugar* about me or would change anything on my car if it didn't fit the letter of the law in the warranty.

Some of these posts are really odd how can you think a car company is so bad and own one of their cars?
And I'm not talking about complaints sure we all have things we don't like about the cars but man things seem to get dark where Tesla is somehow purposely deceiving all of it's customers for financial gain. "cough VW"

Off topic a bit I'm new here. I'm really surprised at how many people on here seem to hate Tesla and own them. I'm used to Auto forums with people are just solving the issues with the cars not hating the company. I don't know about you but I never felt like Audi, BMW or Mercedes gave a *sugar* about me or would change anything on my car if it didn't fit the letter of the law in the warranty.

Some of these posts are really odd how can you think a car company is so bad and own one of their cars?
And I'm not talking about complaints sure we all have things we don't like about the cars but man things seem to get dark where Tesla is somehow purposely deceiving all of it's customers for financial gain. "cough VW"
I think it has to do with the direction Tesla has gone since they got popular.
Their original motto was to make EVs affordable for the masses and to save the planet.
They went from a smallish car company that cared about its mission and customers to a large successful, but arrogant company. My belief is Elon has lost his way and it has rubbed a lot of customers the wrong way. Even a few years ago in 2019 when I got my S, they were begging me to take delivery and bent over backwards to help me.
As soon as the 3 and Y got released they made it big and that’s when Elon went from the brink of failure to the wealthiest person on earth. Instead of remembering what life was like, being humble and sticking with the mission he has became arrogant and immature with his tweets, pissing contests with Jeff Bezos and childish arguments with the SEC and NHTSA because they put him in his place. Not that Elon was ever poor.
Truth is Audi/BMW/Mercedes may have made mistakes and may be “boring” old school companies, but they are really luxury brands that understand how people perceive a brand and their CEO are very important to long term success. I owned many Audis and I never had a bad customer service experience with them. Tesla is the only game in town now so people buy their cars and ignore Elon’s childish behavior. But as soon as EV competition catches up, Elon will need to evolve or else customers will be buying elsewhere.

I think it has to do with the direction Tesla has gone since they got popular.
Their original motto was to make EVs affordable for the masses and to save the planet.
They went from a smallish car company that cared about its mission and customers to a large successful, but arrogant company. My belief is Elon has lost his way and it has rubbed a lot of customers the wrong way. Even a few years ago in 2019 when I got my S, they were begging me to take delivery and bent over backwards to help me.
As soon as the 3 and Y got released they made it big and that’s when Elon went from the brink of failure to the wealthiest person on earth. Instead of remembering what life was like, being humble and sticking with the mission he has became arrogant and immature with his tweets, pissing contests with Jeff Bezos and childish arguments with the SEC and NHTSA because they put him in his place. Not that Elon was ever poor.
Truth is Audi/BMW/Mercedes may have made mistakes and may be “boring” old school companies, but they are really luxury brands that understand how people perceive a brand and their CEO are very important to long term success. I owned many Audis and I never had a bad customer service experience with them. Tesla is the only game in town now so people buy their cars and ignore Elon’s childish behavior. But as soon as EV competition catches up, Elon will need to evolve or else customers will be buying elsewhere.
God, it is getting tiring to read about competition catching up all the way from 2015. Still waiting. Elon didn’t become arrogant it just the way people with conditions like his function. I am surprised that with all this hate there is line of people wanting to buy Tesla all the way in to 2023 mean while Tesla will have another record year!

Off topic a bit I'm new here. I'm really surprised at how many people on here seem to hate Tesla and own them. [...] Some of these posts are really odd how can you think a car company is so bad and own one of their cars?
That is very insightful of you to notice and is a good question. But there is a straightforward answer to this. These are two separate things.

I heard a statement last year that is the truest thing I have ever heard describing Tesla.

"They do the hard things well, but the easy things badly."

And that is the explanation of why someone can own one of their cars but be really irritated at the company and how it's run. Their development of extremely cutting edge, high performance, high efficiency, good value products is amazing. And that is super hard to do, but Tesla consistently knocks those aspects out of the park! The cars and charging tech/network from the other companies are still pretty far behind in that arena.

But for the things that should be easy for a company in terms of communication and customer service and not shooting yourself in the foot or putting that foot in your mouth with embarrassing self-owns over and over and over.... Yeah, Tesla sucks ass at that stuff and has not had the maturity or wisdom or interest to do those simple things competently. Musk really needs to be moved over to some other position like Product Development Director or something and be removed from any position of speaking to the public, where his immaturity and adolescent arrogance keep hurting the company.

So we tolerate how badly the company is run because the technology of their products is still so great.

Last edited:
That is very insightful of you to notice and is a good question. But there is a straightforward answer to this. These are two separate things.

I heard a statement last year that is the truest thing I have ever heard describing Tesla.

"They do the hard things well, but the easy things badly."

And that is the explanation of why someone can own one of their cars but be really irritated at the company and how it's run. Their development of extremely cutting edge, high performance, high efficiency, good value products is amazing. And that is super hard to do, but Tesla consistently knocks those aspects out of the park! The cars and charging tech/network from the other companies are still pretty far behind in that arena.

But for the things that should be easy for a company in terms of communication and customer service and not shooting yourself in the foot or putting that foot in your mouth with embarrassing self-owns over and over and over.... Yeah, Tesla sucks ass at that stuff and has not had the maturity or wisdom or interest to do those simple things competently. Musk really needs to be moved over to some other position like Product Development Director or something and be removed from any position of speaking to the public, where his immaturity and adolescent arrogance keep hurting the company.

So we tolerate how badly the company is run because the technology of their products is still so great.
That is true for most companies though. Forums typically help others with fixes or workarounds.

I've had tons of cars with bad runs for a model year or just common problems. It doesn't mean the company is somehow out to get me or deceived me in any way for profit. Companies need to stay competitive or they go under so they try to cut costs or speed up production. That doesn't mean it's something nefarious. I'm just shocked at some of the distain for the company like they're actively trying to deceive people. And the wild theories that just panic the new buyers who are coming to the forum. Crazy just starts to fly before any facts come in due to one tweet from Elon and people are talking about canceling orders.

My E46 was far from perfect and forget about the SMG model but it's an icon and BMW wasn't stupid or some how less of a company because it had some common issues. Audi as well I bought a first model TT I think they were giving out the prototypes that were built in someone's garage :) Haldex where's the face palm emoji? hey it's light and makes a car faster. All of the plastics that they're putting on cars now. No spare tires on any cars anymore.
Companies need to evolve or they die. I was just shocked at the level of direct hate and distrust on a Tesla forum.

It's fine I guess I'm stuck here since it is the only game in town. I'll have to ignore the nonsense and conspiracy theories. No one is out to get me or steal my money or somehow incompetent. It was just super weird the level of distrust I see on the forum. I've wanted a Tesla since the roadster and only now have been able to buy one. I'm enjoying it.

As I would say it, I love my Tesla but I'm not in love with it. It's not a member of the family to love without reserve. It's a car, and when it has a flaw, I point it out and want to encourage it to be fixed.

What you are seeing is a bit of reaction because there are a lot of folks, who sometimes are called Tesla stans, who are in love with their Tesla, or the company, or Musk. They see any criticism as attack on the thing they are in love with. This causes a counter-reaction.

Reactions: E90alex
As I would say it, I love my Tesla but I'm not in love with it. It's not a member of the family to love without reserve. It's a car, and when it has a flaw, I point it out and want to encourage it to be fixed.

What you are seeing is a bit of reaction because there are a lot of folks, who sometimes are called Tesla stans, who are in love with their Tesla, or the company, or Musk. They see any criticism as attack on the thing they are in love with. This causes a counter-reaction.
Constructive criticism is fine. It's often discussed on all auto forums as well as ways to work around identified shortcomings.
Hate is another story. If I hated Tesla as a company I would never buy their car. Why do they? Or they just trolls?

Reactions: WhiteWi
That is true for most companies though.
It's certainly not most. Can you name one? I've never seen a company operate this way.
It doesn't mean the company is somehow out to get me or deceived me in any way for profit. Companies need to stay competitive or they go under so they try to cut costs or speed up production. That doesn't mean it's something nefarious.
I'm not one who thinks it's nefarious or malicious. It's just immaturity and impulsiveness and incompetence.
I was just shocked at the level of direct hate and distrust on a Tesla forum.
Yes, I've seen a few here who are absolutely bitter, and think the company is doing malicious harm and is directly trying to attack people. I don't agree with that.

It's very straightforward things that a large company with a modicum of wisdom just doesn't do. For instance, Musk got this crazy idea several years ago that he announced they were simply going to close ALL of their stores, because he thought they were dumb and weren't needed. People asked, "How are potential customers supposed to take test drives?" He responded that anyone who wanted to test drive should just trade in their old car and actually purchase the new Tesla they wanted to try out, and if they didn't like it, they had 7 days to return it and supposedly unwind the sale. (No response on how they would get back their traded-in car, which would already be gone--sold off to auction at that point)

That is a stupid, moronic idea that would have rightly been a non-starter with any decent company which had any kind of balance and joint decision making. But Tesla is very strangely and scarily run as a dictatorship, where there is outright fear within the company of anyone daring to disagree with ideas or decisions that Musk has, because of his history of angrily firing people on the spot for questioning him, so they won't speak up. So Tesla actually started moving forward for a little while with closing their stores until they got a huge backlash from customers and the media, which shocked them enough to halt that decision and walk it back.

That's just one example of a very obvious operational and communication mistake that should have been easy to avoid, but they don't have a mature enough corporate structure to avoid it, because they are set up to allow one person to make these kinds of huge impulsive bad decisions for the company without accountability or discussion. This doesn't happen in most established companies.

Reactions: DrGriz and E90alex
Constructive criticism is fine. It's often discussed on all auto forums as well as ways to work around identified shortcomings.
Hate is another story. If I hated Tesla as a company I would never buy their car. Why do they? Or they just trolls?
There are groups that say they love the car and hate the company. That's a reasonable view (and common with many other car companies too.)

And while it's nice that criticism is constructive, there's no requirement it be so to still be valid. Tesla does many things better than any other car company, and quite a few worse. It would be unlikely to be any other way. I will tell you that everybody in the automotive press is sick to death of the sort of nasty, personal attacks that come when they write critical things about Tesla. It happens every time. Mind you, if you write nice things about EVs in certain other areas, you get strange hate reactions too. Best plan -- you can be negative without hating.

Reactions: E90alex
"you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs"
What you said is true, Tesla sometimes makes dumb moves, but there is another side to this coin. Tesla often pioneers new ways that traditionally run company would not dare to. They broke so many established rules already and some new ways are proven to be good, other manufactures are adopting them as well.
I don't have neither love or hate feelings for almost any manufacture. I found Tesla fascinating to observe, never get bored ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWi
There are groups that say they love the car and hate the company. That's a reasonable view (and common with many other car companies too.)
idk, it's usually the other way around. People on Toyota, BMW or Honda forums have some models they like and some models they hate. I don't remember any member who bought BMW but hated the company. Or maybe I just ignored them and forgot.

idk, it's usually the other way around. People on Toyota, BMW or Honda forums have some models they like and some models they hate. I don't remember any member who bought BMW but hated the company. Or maybe I just ignored them and forgot.
That's exactly what I see they make some bad choices I mean a 4 cylinder Mustang and Camaro. hey they're trying something new doesn't mean it's malicious. That E46 though man I had the worst dealer ever. My first tire change they destroyed my rims on the tire machine and gave it back to me.
I had 20k miles on my new M3 and they said I brought the car in that way and they didn't damage them. I was pissed 1k per rim and I had to eat it they didn't even stop they mounted all of the tired gouging all 4 rims and blamed me.

Amazing cars and I don't hate the company it was just a shitty dealer I've have great service at others. BTW take pictures before you go to BMW of Fort Washington with time stamps :)

• Funny
Reactions: buddhafree
Also, there's another thing. Criticism is frequently not because you hate a company, but because you do like a company and want them to do well. Think of it in terms of people. If it's someone you're not close to and don't really care about, you don't have much interest in the choices they are making. But if it's a good friend you do care about, you want them to do well and be a better person and not be screwing up their lives and harming themselves with making stupid choices that are going to go badly. So you would be more likely to be upset with seeing them make bad decisions and would likely try to let them know when something is a bad idea and they shouldn't do that.

So yeah, there are a lot of people who like the cars and want the company to continue to exist and thrive, so they can be there to support the cars, so it's more distressing seeing the company make bad decisions.

Reactions: DrGriz
Also, there's another thing. Criticism is frequently not because you hate a company, but because you do like a company and want them to do well. Think of it in terms of people. If it's someone you're not close to and don't really care about, you don't have much interest in the choices they are making. But if it's a good friend you do care about, you want them to do well and be a better person and not be screwing up their lives and harming themselves with making stupid choices that are going to go badly. So you would be more likely to be upset with seeing them make bad decisions and would likely try to let them know when something is a bad idea and they shouldn't do that.

So yeah, there are a lot of people who like the cars and want the company to continue to exist and thrive, so they can be there to support the cars, so it's more distressing seeing the company make bad decisions.
We all agree criticism is needed. Nobody objects criticism here.

Reactions: DrGriz