Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL - Reason you got your MX

TOP 2 (two) reasons you got ur MX

• Better for environment

• Tech, OTHER than AP

• Saving money vs gasoline/diesel

• AP specifically

• Status

• Performance

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(1) Space for traveling to 2nd home and carrying "stuff" & (2) deciding it was time to join a small group of "first movers' in redefining what it is that an automobile is supposed to be (non-ice) - 2019 MX Raven.

The reasons people reserved the first model X's in 2015, when the viability of the company was in no way assured and even owning an electric vehicle of any kind made a statement all by itself, are possibly very different reasons from those who bought their X's nowadays when there is no longer any good reason to make interest free loans to a billionaire (Signature model anyone?) and the car actually has to be a good value proposition and compete in an increasingly crowded electric SUV market. It's still the best overall (that supercharging network!) , don't get me wrong. And if this or that feature aligns perfectly with your expected needs, then who is to say this 'luxury' vehicle isn't an actual bargain for the price. But the days of just gambling on cool tech because you're a retired engineer with way too much time and money on your hands and these snazzy new space cars are the only EV's that perfectly scratch your mid life crisis itch, well, I think the user base is diversifying somewhat now. So many different reasons!
Indeed.

I wanted an EV for the next car but I was not willing to pay more than an equivalent ICE car. At $85k the 7-seat LR+ was a half-decent value proposition against the other 7-seat competition. Same with the Raven SR which sadly wasn't available by the time they dropped the "base" car down to $80k. But Tesla is still pricing itself according to demand rather than value, and there's nothing wrong with that; but I would not have been a buyer if the cheapest one available was at $95k as that $85k number was the tippy top of the budget for the family hauler that doesn't drive like the shed it's parked in - would have just waited for the competition to release a 7-seat EV

Reactions: Harvey Danger
I went from a new '19 M3 Standard Range+ to a private party used '17 MX 75D. Main reason was price was a no-brainer, it was in the mid $40s US and had, MCU2, FSD AP 3.0, FUSC, Cold-weather, Tow-Hitch, Uncorked, Premium Connectivity and 6-Seat Config. It was missing the HiFi Sound. Car was clean and the checks came back no accidents, junk and such. It's close to being out of warranty so that's the risk. I could live w/out the MX doors and the electronics and would rather have M3/MY door type. I already banged my head against the raised falcon door walking back from the driver door several times now, so I'm still adjusting.

I do miss the one pedal driving from the Model 3 (I know the Raven updated MX have it) but otherwise the '17 MX has been outstanding.

Ha, ha. What a great poll question! The X really is unlike any other car on the road.

I selected Tech Other than AP but would have also ticked Performance if I could select two. And of course those Falcon Wing Doors (FWDs) are simultaneously the coolest and stupidest part of the X. ;) I’ve got a real love/hate relationship with them but the love overwhelms most days.

Oh - forgot that I’d also select “Christmas Dance Mode” as a reason why I bought the X. What other car puts on a show???

Reactions: Harvey Danger
Initially purchased M3. Wife had 2 complaints - (1) Ride quality and (2) the car is low- she is used to driving a SUV ( feels it gives her better visibility).
MS would have solved problem 1 but not problem 2. Hence decided to sell the M3 and buy a MX. Wife is very happy and peace has once again returned :)

Last edited:
Reactions: henderrj