Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : Which is better - 10.4 vs 10.3.1

How would you compare your experience with 10.4 to 10.3.1 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Note : Public poll.

Consider how the two releases performed on your routes. Which release did you like better ?

This was the result of the last poll.

1636317993402.png

It's not easy to see any difference, particularly when FSD, regardless of the version, is so inconsistent when driving the same route repeatedly. If by chance, 10.4 seems better in a certain challenging situation, you want to claim that it is improved. But until you repeat the challenge, and it performs consistently better, you can't be sure.

So far, I have not seen any consistent change, better or worse. The lack of obvious improvement is very disappointing. Perhaps, real change will happen once the Dojo computer is up and running, hopefully soon. We'll see.

Reactions: eli_ and ironwaffle
I've seen a good improvement over 10.3 The phantom braking/slow downs are much improved (not entirely gone), in most circumstances the steering has been less jerky, and overall the car seem more confident in turns. YMMV ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I'll have to keep my eyes open for these threads... I missed the last one.

Going to take 10.4 on the same testing route that I took 10.2 and 10.3 on. I'll make three runs of the course, then kind of average out the results. It's a pretty long route, though, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time this week to get 'er done.

Edit to ask: I haven't had a chance to go driving yet... are we still double stack with this release?

Reactions: jebinc
10.4 has more longitudinal jerkiness for me (like it's driving stick shift). Lateral jerkiness is reduced. Overall maybe a little better than 10.3.1. The visualizations are sharper and have higher fps than 10.3.1.

Yes - I'm sure single stack will be a big announcement ...

and a ton of regressions ;)
definitely two stacks
Old Stack >65 limit
New Stack <60 limit
Real PITA when it flips back to new stack because it re-enables the auto high beams etc
Even though its still the old stack, the flip to vision from radar makes it much less sure of itself on some roads. Too many hesitations to be comfortable.
I always felt the radar releases much more confident than vision - apart from the sensitivity to bridges and dark shadows :D

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
I went Slightly Better and not necessarily because of driving. Each drive is anecdotally different and overall close to the same with some MAYBE improvements. Slightly better is mostly because of the UI and update changes and the small progression in driving.