Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : Which is better - FSD Beta 10.10 vs 10.9/10.8

How would you compare your experience with 10.10.x to 10.9/10.8.x ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 10.10.2 about the same time as the new maps, and the result is awful. The car keeps moving into turn-only lanes (right and left) when it's not making a turn.

And on a two-lane road with a solid double centerline, when traffic stops for a road hazard, the car tries to move into the opposing lane to pass even on a curve where the car cannot safely do so. Even if stopped for a traffic light, it will try to pass stopped cars. I consider this a monumental flaw.

I got 10.10.2 about the same time as the new maps, and the result is awful. The car keeps moving into turn-only lanes (right and left) when it's not making a turn.

And on a two-lane road with a solid double centerline, when traffic stops for a road hazard, the car tries to move into the opposing lane to pass even on a curve where the car cannot safely do so. Even if stopped for a traffic light, it will try to pass stopped cars. I consider this a monumental flaw.
The overtaking by crossing the yellow line is old … I think it was in 10.8 as well. I’ve posted FSD doing it when waiting behind a stopped school bus.

After a couple of days of driving here is observation of comparing 10.10.2 to 10.9.

Better :
- Right turn from stop is better now. The car doesn’t accelerate heavily as it turns. FSD turns and accelerates more naturally.
- Handles left turn on flashing yellow. It might have been there in earlier releases but first time for me.

Worse :
- On unmarked roads drives closer to the middle. Esp. After a curve in the road.
- Slower at 4 way stops, thanks to kill-joys at NHTSA.

I think 10.10.2 is on par with 10.8.1, but for different reasons.

The new one does a much better (not 100%) job of not crossing the center line on curvy roads, but phantom braking is a little worse, sometimes acting like a bucking horse. They both miss residential turns at 25 mph and run a stop sign near my house. Some of the navigation routes are insane, taking 20 minute strolls down 25 mph residential street (like a drunken sailor) rather than almost parallel highways.

Autopark hasn't worked at 10.10.2 yet, but it was always pretty unreliable to start.

Both of them fail at simple stuff that Enhanced Autopilot handled easily, and the new maps are sending the car into left turn lanes when it shouldn't be turning at all, and loses its little mind when the land abruptly ends.
Yes, the nav routing is goofy now in some cases. I had two stops on the same section of road this morning (same road, but the name of the road changed after an intersection). FSD nav route added about five mins to a simple trip where the car literally just had to stay on the same road it started its journey on. Head scratcher for sure.

After a couple of days of driving here is observation of comparing 10.10.2 to 10.9.

Better :
- Right turn from stop is better now. The car doesn’t accelerate heavily as it turns. FSD turns and accelerates more naturally.
- Handles left turn on flashing yellow. It might have been there in earlier releases but first time for me.

Worse :
- On unmarked roads drives closer to the middle. Esp. After a curve in the road.
- Slower at 4 way stops, thanks to kill-joys at NHTSA.
For me, unmarked rural roads it seems to hug the right better than before. Unmarked city streets with parking curbs, it does seem to stay in the middle and play chicken with oncoming traffic.

Stop sign behavior is still poor. Oftentimes, the car will stop about 1-2 car lengths before the stop sign. It doesn't seem to know when its turn has come to enter the intersection, so cars that come along after the car has stopped are given priority. Often it just sits at the stop sign when there are no other cars present. At some intersections, the car will creep all the way across before taking off.

Also, what happened to the side view camera feed when in reverse? This has disappeared since 10.10 for me?
You must have accidentally disabled it. I think you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen (but may be wrong since it has been so long). Someone will post the correct procedure.

EDIT: I think this is it.

IMG_4707.jpeg

Last edited:
The overtaking by crossing the yellow line is old … I think it was in 10.8 as well. I’ve posted FSD doing it when waiting behind a stopped school bus.
I've seen this in every version so far, including 10.10.2 (I was in the initial batch of 100's). I checked my sent messages, and I can confirm I emailed Tesla about it when it happened to me my first time on October 12th.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow