Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Who paid the highest MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An economy reminder. Cars are not investments.
I think you keep missing the point - cars aren't supposed to be an investment hence why prices shouldn't be fluctuating like this on large ticket items. If cars were investments, what Tesla did to their customers would be investigated by the SEC.

On my end, paid $73k including all taxes and fees for a red Tesla model Y LR with white interior in December (price including order fee net of discount - $66,690). Made order in August with original plan was to take delivery in late January after I complete a move (house was under remodeling). Got contacted in December to take delivery earlier or lose my spot. Spent three hours in Fremont making sure they replace the defective panels in my car that they initially resisted on. Lost ~$9,300 in this mess after I calculated it - little calmer now but still won't be buying from them.

Last edited:
I think you keep missing the point - cars aren't supposed to be an investment hence why prices shouldn't be fluctuating like this on large ticket items. If cars were investments, what Tesla did to their customers would be investigated by the SEC.

On my end, paid $73k including all taxes and fees for a red Tesla model Y LR with white interior in December (price including order fee net of discount - $66,690). Made order in August with original plan was to take delivery in late January after I complete a move (house was under remodeling). Got contacted in December to take delivery earlier or lose my spot. Spent three hours in Fremont making sure they replace the defective panels in my car that they initially resisted on. Lost ~$9,300 in this mess after I calculated it - little calmer now but still won't be buying from them.
Prices shouldn’t fluctuate yet you didn’t waive them off on accepting your near 4K discount in December. Others were not as lucky.

Prices shouldn’t fluctuate yet you didn’t waive them off on accepting your near 4K discount in December. Others were not as lucky.
I agree others were worse off - Tesla should do something for anybody that bought in November or December because car purchases shouldn’t be treated like a stock or gambling.

The $4k discount makes it worse - it’s the definition of a predatory sales tactic - It’s basically manipulating customers in a way knowing that you’re going to screw them later. If I knew what they were offering 29 days later, I certainly would not have taken that offer. At least with dealers, the markups were transparent.

Tesla leveraged information asymmetry to royally screw over a large part of their customer base - not sure how any ethical person can defend this company.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird