Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid $76,400 Nov 1st, 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Scottf200 ....... It's a piece of sh@$ compliance car not worthy of consideration. It is the effort being put forth my Big Oil to convince people to continue the suicidal march of the lemmings to Peak Oil worldwide and a recession that will mess with all of us. We have five years or so until gas prices become prohibitive and these sub100mile EVs get the fanfare they deserve...... They are the excuse for the automotive industry to not commit to serious alternatives. They are the Sirens that lures Ulysses and I don't care how fancy they are with their high tech bullsh@$. Until car companies stop using ICE and get real about EVs we are all looking into the abyss.

Hate me for saying it ,but ....... Mark my words!!!
That was a pretty funny post. I think competition at all levels will keep Tesla on their toes, though. This is "quite a bit cheaper" than the Model X. Some people are on a fixed income after all <grin>.

There are some folks that don't drive much on an normal basis (short commutes for work, retired, etc) so they may sell some of these.

I'm looking forward to more details on the Model X and it's features. Three months left in 2014 and not betas out? (probably some at inside tracks tho).

I was glad to see some more safety features added to the Model S recently. Very glad they'll get good real-world testing done so they'll be tuned for the Model X.

Here in Chicagoland we have some of the most expensive gas ... it is down to $3.36 this morning on my drive in. That expensive USA gas idea driving EV sales I kept saying for 3 years has not happened. Not sure when we will get to $5 ... years.

Last edited:
$3.36 pr galon is cheep.
Norway the gas price is around $2.3 pr liter or $8.8 pr galon.
Diesel is cheeper.

And people Wonder why more than 10% of all new cars sold in norway are EV.
If you look at the electric prices, and it was pissible to get car with price og Golf and at least 200 miles, guess it would be 20-30% EV.

Elprices:
Around 5cents pr kWh and the same in taxes gives around 10 cents for one kWh.
Gas - $8.8/galon vs El - $0.10/kWh, no need to have master in Math to calculate your fuel savings.
Norway have hydro power and produce more then we consume, so exports some to Sweden, Denmark.