Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there such a thing as “turbo” in EV? Love to have fast DC charging for that thing if I have to drive to SoCal, can someone tell me where I can charge? Seriously, I had waited for more than 2 years for it to be real, got tired of waiting and bought a slow Model S.

It will most likely do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Porsche exec. have been quoted saying "definitely under 3.5 seconds" and Porsche is very very conservative. The new Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S hits 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, according to Porsche but most reviewers did it in 3.0 seconds. So whatever Porsche says they are always very conservative when it comes to numbers.

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
That’s true, but with options that car will be pushing $200k and just under 3.0 sec is a long way from the P100D’s current 2.3. Don’t get me wrong I’m a Porsche fanatic and have owned 4 of them in the last 10 years, but they need to have a much better car for me to leave Tesla with the already large charging network and much longer history of making EV’s and getting kinks worked out

That’s true, but with options that car will be pushing $200k and just under 3.0 sec is a long way from the P100D’s current 2.3. Don’t get me wrong I’m a Porsche fanatic and have owned 4 of them in the last 10 years, but they need to have a much better car for me to leave Tesla with the already large charging network and much longer history of making EV’s and getting kinks worked out

It likely will never happen. In Rennlist forum it was mentioned Porsche reportedly loses between $6800 to $11300 for every Taycan depending on model. People are waiting for Tesla competitor but when "competitors" come we start to realize they are no competitor at all. Tesla is so far ahead of everyone.

Another thing is the reception of Taycan on the Porsche forum is even worse than on here. Just like you and I those are Porsche owners they no longer have that Porsche envy some outsiders might have.

The range is not equal to Tesla and is probably the most important feature. Also, where in the USA is the charging network with Tesla type superchargers? Absolutely essential if you want to go on a trip that is greater than ~50% of the range? IMO looks like it is a very expensive around town/commuter car with probably less than a 100-mile one-way range. Even if the fit and finish is better than Tesla, I don't see many of these sold without a vast supercharging network that rivals Tesla especially on the West coast where we love electric cars. Just on the block where I live, there are 6 Teslas. My neighbor routinely drives his Model S 6 hours to LA with no issues. How can you do that with this car?

2 years ago I was wondering how much Tesla is really ahead and how long they would survive once the big manufacturers start to make real EVs. I was a little annoyed by the Tesla fans bragging how much Tesla is ahead. Now we have the iPace, eTron and Tycan and none of them can even match what Tesla does right now. I seriously thought by now we would have those three mentioned EVs give Tesla a hard time but they can't even catch up. Apple gave up along the way, Faraday Future isn't even close to getting their car out. Lucid Air isn't making much progress either.