Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible BP Pulse scam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email from (not checked the headers but) BP pulse.

We hope you are using your bp pulse home charger

We are contacting you to explain that your OZEV Grant of £350 towards your Home Charger installation, which we claim on your behalf, has been rejected due to missing documentation.
SMS with a link to sign a document digitally will follow.

Smells bad to me, although it looks kind of genuine. Just flagging here because nobody should ever do what they are asking.

Smells bad to me, although it looks kind of genuine. Just flagging here because nobody should ever do what they are asking.
You need to remember that BP are completely incompetent when it comes to pulse and OZEV so it probably is genuine.

Best to contact them and ask if you are missing a form - although you will be doing well to get through to somebody to talk to.

They are informing you there is an issue and that they are going to send you an SMS link.

What’s the problem? What else would you want them to do here?

Especially if you know you applied for a grant.

What is to prevent some malicious person from sending out the same email (since the text is now public) to steal people's banking credentials (since EV drivers are high value targets).

If you don't see a problem, you should re-take your corporate cyber-security training.

Bold of you to assume I work for a corporation.

Who said anything about giving out banking details? Is this what is being asked for, or just a hypothetical situation?

I don’t need corporate guidance to determine if something is genuine.
However, you should probably follow whatever advice they give if this is a challenge for you. Best of luck.

What is to prevent some malicious person from sending out the same email (since the text is now public) to steal people's banking credentials (since EV drivers are high value targets).

If you don't see a problem, you should re-take your corporate cyber-security training.
The fact that they know both your email and phone number and that they aren't asking you to click a link in the email is a good thing.

Having never had any dealing with BP Pulse, installed a charger or applied for an OZEV grant if I got any of these emails or texts I would safely assume it was a scam.

However the OP's signature indicates they have a BP Pulse chargepoint fitted at home, so it might be real. It might be a scam if your contact details were compromised by either BP/Fiat/Lease company/Installer etc. Is this a recent fitment? Have you paid for the fitting etc? Did you get a grant?

Have you tried ringing them?

Reactions: init6
Having never had any dealing with BP Pulse, installed a charger or applied for an OZEV grant if I got any of these emails or texts I would safely assume it was a scam.

However the OP's signature indicates they have a BP Pulse chargepoint fitted at home, so it might be real. It might be a scam if your contact details were compromised by either BP/Fiat/Lease company/Installer etc. Is this a recent fitment? Have you paid for the fitting etc? Did you get a grant?

I agree. I wouldn’t click any links coming from anywhere. No guarantee there hasn’t been a data breach on their part.
Calling them seems like the most sensible option.

Reactions: init6

The info you read in his signature signature makes you think it's less likely to be a scam. Ironically the fact that he has it in his signature also increases the chances it is a scam.

• Funny
Reactions: init6 and Cardo