Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible hidden costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"I" said that they are not selling parts at a loss. I didn't say you said it.

I used that to make a point. Tesla is making money on parts. All dealerships do. Maybe it isn't much, but they do.

"I" think they are price gouging on labor....but I suppose that if "Everyone" does it....then that sets precedence.
The prevailing rates for certified mechanics are already pretty high....and that's for ICE cars.

I would imagine the specialized knowledge to work on EVs sets you apart.

If they are taking money from one segment to cover the costs in another you're essentially saying that they're overcharging in the first one.

Not really. Warranty service, is service paid for by car sales. And there are other reasons you might do it. Maintaining under-utilized service centers for regional coverage, or as a confidence booster (i.e. marketing).

Thank you kindly.

• Informative
Reactions: dsvick
Yep, It does.

That's why I'm all in for Tesla to charge a customer 3 times the price of parts - when it comes to labor.

$100 in parts = $400 for the service call.

I'm sure I'll be ok with it too, considering the lack of times I'll have to visit the Service Center for non-warranty work compared to my Audi.

The OEM recommended 35000 service? It's pretty comprehensive....and also $900.

For that singular reason alone, I did the normally-unwise thing and purchased Audi Care up front for $800.

I'm sure I'll be ok with it too, considering the lack of times I'll have to visit the Service Center for non-warranty work compared to my Audi.

The OEM recommended 35000 service? It's pretty comprehensive....and also $900.

For that singular reason alone, I did the normally-unwise thing and purchased Audi Care up front for $800.
Yeah the recommended transmission service is like 400 by itself. That was the main reason I got a stick in my Golf.