Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And where does one find the "newly found reservation number" that is not the RNxxxxxx number shown in one's My Twsla account?

open the webpage for your reservation information. Hit F12 to view source code (if you're using a browser other than Chrome the shortcut may be different) select where the sourcecode is, hit ctrl+f and search for reservation. It will be one of the first few to pop up.

FWIW, I was there to reserve around 11AM on 3/31 (EST) and my number is 377###

This is all I have to contribute: German tank problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In World War II, the Allies estimated the number of German tanks produced by looking at the serial numbers of the ones they captured or destroyed. "The statistical approach proved to be far more accurate than conventional intelligence methods, and the phrase 'German tank problem' became accepted as a descriptor for this type of statistical analysis."

Despite lining up, being 5th in line at my store, and being an owner, mine is 499xxx. If the lowest ones are 36xxxx, then either these aren't sequential or my order got screwed up somehow. Because there were not 130k orders by the time I made mine.

My two orders are very close though, only 2 apart from each other.

I wonder if the reservations are also coded for region? Since they said deliveries would be regional. Would make sense, maybe the first couple digits are the region, then the rest are the order number within that region? If so, I'm in Orange County, CA.

edit: my friend who I went with, who was 1 place ahead of me in line and put in his reservation moments prior to mine (though he did it on the computer in the store rather than the iPad, but they were all just going to a website so I don't think that would matter), is 38xxxx. He was the first on his computer to put in a reservation, and I was the second on mine. He's not an owner, I am.

Last edited: