Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the reservation numbers are assigned when payment is received by Tesla as it is not a confirmed reservation until the deposit has been paid. Hence if there was a delay in the payment coming through then they would have an apparently out of sequence number.
I received my confirmation email quite a few hours after I placed my online reservation. Did those with out of sequence numbers have an unusually long delay before they received their confirmation email?

Reactions: sunrocket
I wonder if the reservation numbers are assigned when payment is received by Tesla as it is not a confirmed reservation until the deposit has been paid. Hence if there was a delay in the payment coming through then they would have an apparently out of sequence number.
I received my confirmation email quite a few hours after I placed my online reservation. Did those with out of sequence numbers have an unusually long delay before they received their confirmation email?
I hear that. I did not get confirmation for about 24hrs. you might be onto something

Of the 191 responses for Instore between 10am EST and 10:30pm EST on 3/31 (Hours to order before Online opened)

East Coast - 70 (37%)
Central - 23 (12%)
Mountain - 12 (6%)
West Coast - 48 (25%)

Rest Of World - 38 (20%)

Total Orders Based on 50,000 orders during that time
East Coast - 18,325
Central - 6,021
Mountain - 3,141
West Coast - 12,565 (Seems low)
Rest Of World - 9,948

*Based on Time Zones
Regarding the underlined... I'm confused by your phrasing. Are you saying people not on the east coast were able to order before 10am local time?

But some folks here who reserved 2 also got sub 400xxx numbers
It might depend on how you did the two.

I've heard of some people that "reserved 2" and filled the form out twice -- even different credit cards for the two reservations. For such people, this likely looks like a pair of single reservations rather than a single reservation of a pair.

Mine was like 3 days, IIRC.

Edit: Wow, I recalled poorly. The email came on 4/1, but the online (My Tesla) stuff showed up later.

Nope has nothing to do with confirmation email time.