Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Langley, BC - Langley Bypass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spotted what looks like a sizeable DCFC under construction today at 20090 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC.

The red rectangle on the map screenshot is the fenced area.
IMG_1745.jpeg

IMG_1746.jpeg

Could this be another location with SWTCH chargers, like the ones they already have near Michaels as well as the one in front of the Indigo?
Is it normal to have two different charger brands/companies in the same parking lot? I'm a bit surprised RioCan would allow Tesla Superchargers to compete with their charging stations...

Could this be another location with SWTCH chargers, like the ones they already have near Michaels as well as the one in front of the Indigo?
Is it normal to have two different charger brands/companies in the same parking lot? I'm a bit surprised RioCan would allow Tesla Superchargers to compete with their charging stations...

Real Estate developers should be interested in attracting people to their developments, not excluding tenants (Tesla) in order to protect "their" charging stations (are SWTCH chargers even owned and operated by RioCan)?

Real Estate developers should be interested in attracting people to their developments, not excluding tenants (Tesla) in order to protect "their" charging stations (are SWTCH chargers even owned and operated by RioCan)?
RioCan has been installing Level 2s at many of their properties. I checked NRcan funding, and the level 2s were listed inside.

Also, to note, almost every non-tesla DCFC is listed in NRCan funding applications (that doesn't involve a battery inside, ex. freewire dcfcs). Pointing to this to be more likely to be Tesla.

Yes, 14 stalls on the east side of the rectangle and 2 on the west side. I think they laid asphalt today. No dispensers or transformer.

I’ve been wondering if this location might end up named “Langley City” rather than Langley - Street name. There are two separate municipalities with the Langley name. This site is in Langley City and the first Langley Supercharger in Langley Township.

Last edited: