Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20131219_082700.jpg

Cedar Key, FL

ydyha2ep.jpg

On the way down to Rockville, MD. Hopefully the Hilton down there has my wall plug coned off. I need to make it all the way down to Ashburn, VA and back to the Newark SuperCharger tomorrow. Luckily I have a Tesla store in Tyson's Corner if I end up low on charge on the way back.

I've done the drive up to Newark from Ashburn and Tyson's corner a few times. It's never been a problem, even going 65-70 with bursts above 80. As you said, Tyson's has an HPWC 208V@80A if you need a quick boost. If you're really stuck, I live 2 miles from Tyson's and also have an HPWC 235V@80A if you need a quick charge.

Andrew

I've done the drive up to Newark from Ashburn and Tyson's corner a few times. It's never been a problem, even going 65-70 with bursts above 80. As you said, Tyson's has an HPWC 208V@80A if you need a quick boost. If you're really stuck, I live 2 miles from Tyson's and also have an HPWC 235V@80A if you need a quick charge.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew! Hilton ended up not having a way for me to charge - apparently the only outdoor outlet was in the back of the hotel on a sidewalk that I could not get to. Ended up charging for a bit in the morning at Mom's Organic market on an L2 charger, in Rockville Town Center Garage for a bit and finally for 2 hours in Tyson's. Also had to reroute to go up US15 and US30 to meet a friend in York. Found a great guy by the name of Kevin on Plugshare who has a 100A HPWC in York. While I charged my friend and I went to dinner. Got home that night with 40mi of charge left (drove pretty quick at a high wh/mi).