Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post-delivery inspection of my P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have those clips but am missing the black locking screws.

I wanted to do pickup so I could spend more time on inspection, but the customer rep told me that pickup in Fremont was no longer allowed. Turns out this was not true since some other folks in another thread reported pickup slots were available all week. When the delivery guy showed up I felt pressured to do a quicker inspection out of courtesy for his time and only found 3 issues at the time.

Later that evening I performed a more thorough inspection and found 6 other issues. Now I'm trying to reach someone at Tesla to add these 6 other items to my Due Bill so the service center won't have an excuse to charge me for repairs. The delivery guy and customer rep I worked with pre-delivery are not responding and have ghosted me for the past day so I am having a hell of a time trying to find someone who can help. I sent a message on the website from my account, but if they don't respond soon I will physically drop by the Fremont delivery center today. I heard we only have 72 hours to report issues so the clock is ticking.

Can you share pics that you have those screws installed because service centre in finland is telling that CAR does not need them ?? Oblivously dirt, snow etc will go behind there !

Pic from left rear wheel well. There should be 3 screw & clips installed imo.
sadaddas.JPG

Can you share pics that you have those screws installed because service centre in finland is telling that CAR does not need them ?? Oblivously dirt, snow etc will go behind there !

Pic from left rear wheel well. There should be 3 screw & clips installed imo.View attachment 436571

Whether needed or not, the original engineers thought they were - so for a few dollars, I bought plugs and filled all the holes (6 total in the rear).

I see you are in the Bay Area - Have you tried this email address for Northern CA: [email protected]

They make take a couple of days, but they do respond back. They added items to my "Due Bill" that my Delivery Advisor refused to do.
I added about 10 items to my "Due Bill" over a 2.5 month period as I waited for my Tesla Approved body shop appointment. Just email them pics to document your concerns. Save all your emails (dates,etc) for documentation.

I understand your frustration. I complained to NorCal-Concerns it was impossible to properly inspect a car when the delivery is outside in the rain. Tesla had to pay the body shop over $3600 for paint and panel alignment repairs and had to pay Enterprise Rent-A-Car for a 2 week rental of a Tesla Model S 100D.

I know a lot of other people had trouble free deliveries, but mine was so bad that I won't buy another Tesla...Good Luck !

Yes I did email [email protected] and received this automatic reply

"
Thank you for contacting NorCal Delivery Concerns. This email Alias is no longer active

In the meantime, if you have a vehicle concern you will like our service team to check and advise upon, please schedule a service appointment at your earliest convenience on your Tesla Mobile app.
"

• Disagree
Reactions: Johnii__82
Yes I did email [email protected] and received this automatic reply

"
Thank you for contacting NorCal Delivery Concerns. This email Alias is no longer active

In the meantime, if you have a vehicle concern you will like our service team to check and advise upon, please schedule a service appointment at your earliest convenience on your Tesla Mobile app.
"

This is not a good service... if you want them to be notified asap. I think you need to pay visit asap !

Pic from left rear wheel well. There should be 3 screw & clips installed imo.View attachment 436571

Exactly. There are holes in there where mud, etc. will wind up and the liner is more secure at 80mph with the push rivets installed.

8mm hole, easy to get from Amazon.

Just return that sh!t... I accepted a white on white with a lot of those issues and they are being a real pita getting them fixed. I would strongly advise rejecting until you get an acceptable one... Or just stand back and wait for Tesla to get their sh!t straight... I thought they would have these things fixed since 2017./2018 but nope they just crank them out and see who will accept them.

Reactions: Johnii__82
Just return that sh!t... I accepted a white on white with a lot of those issues and they are being a real pita getting them fixed. I would strongly advise rejecting until you get an acceptable one... Or just stand back and wait for Tesla to get their sh!t straight... I thought they would have these things fixed since 2017./2018 but nope they just crank them out and see who will accept them.

We are doing things @ Finland.

Finnish Goods Inspection Finds Tesla Model 3 Paint Is Soft And Thin

J Savolainen on Twitter

Reactions: super20g
On the one hand I am very happy I started reading all this stuff. On the other I really wish I hadn't. Lol

I just ordered my model 3 and until I read these the shine was still on my image of Tesla. Now it is all tarnished and banged up.

Hoping for a smooth delivery to re-buff that giant T logo I have been dreaming about for 2 months...

I'll post my findings.

On the one hand I am very happy I started reading all this stuff. On the other I really wish I hadn't. Lol

I just ordered my model 3 and until I read these the shine was still on my image of Tesla. Now it is all tarnished and banged up.

Hoping for a smooth delivery to re-buff that giant T logo I have been dreaming about for 2 months...

I'll post my findings.

I would not be concerned. People are much more likely to complain than praise. Most people have no issues, or none that they notice. :D

I'll post my findings.

My 3 was delivered in June and was flawless. Hang on to that too!