Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post delivery support issues, Tesla non-responsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model X owner here! Have had the vehicle almost 2 weeks, delivery went relatively smooth. I had to hound them for the pre-sale documentation, send payment via ACH last minute (day before delivery because they didn't enable the option until I called them!), communication from Tesla has been very poor all along the whole sales process, basically I had to call them and bug them every step to get any reply. However the vehicle is a great! I'm a perfectionist and aside from a few issues I'll note below I don't see any flaws worth noting.. if I had to be really picky, the carpet in the bottom lower trunk area doesn't fit absolutely perfect, but you can kinda push it into place and it's fine. Seriously though, panel alignments, blah blah, the check list checks out. We got lucky I guess! It's a gorgeous car, and the most amazing piece of technology I've ever driven.

Tesla mobile service has been great, but Tesla support are a disaster:

1. We ACH'd downpayment via my Tesla account, now 2 weeks later, they still haven't removed the money from our account! How long does it take them to take their money? Seems they'd want it by now.

2. No one has contacted us about plates, the loan info, or anything related to delivery for that matter. When should I expect to hear about these things?

3. We didn't get any copy of any of the signed paperwork at delivery. Normal? (I did get unsigned copy of some of it a day before delivery when called my delivery advisor not having heard from him)

4. I contacted Tesla support to get "VIN sharing" setup so my wife's Tesla account could access the car from the app. It's been almost 2 weeks, was promised 3-5 days, emails to Tesla employees/support are completely ignored.

So on to the post delivery car issues, and I only really mention these for thoroughness, and to call out Tesla Mobile repair for being badass and making up for some of the pathetic-ness above :

A. Discovered the driver side mic didn't work at all during taking delivery, scheduled mobile tech to diag at home next day, and he did and ordered part. Replaced the mic about a week later, and it's been spotty with working, but currently working fine. Very strange. While doing the mic replacement, he sort of bent the pillar plastic, so he's coming to tweak it tomorrow.

B. One of the USB ports didn't work reliability, and mobile tech seems to have resolved that (loose connection).

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I don't have plates either or the certificate of origin to register and title the car. No one from Tesla has contacted us since taking delivery, and still waiting for mobile service to call us back

Tesla seriously needs to get their *sugar* together.

We have never received copy of papers we signed. Took approximately 6 weeks to get plates and permanent registration. We leased and Tesla leasing contacted use about 3 weeks after purchase with welcome letter and ways to make payment. We selected autopay and money was taken at correct time, 4 weeks after purchase.

Oh, and to top it off, it seems a Tesla employee "stole" the referral for our purchase. I processed using my friends URL, it even named him on our order process. Now it doesn't show up in his account despite having taken delivery.

I've sent so many emails, calls and left messages, even contacted Tesla in my account portal for "escalation", and still no responses. Tesla just won't return my contact attempts. I guess I need to start screaming in a showroom.

A different tech did visit and correct the issue with the mic and trim piece that the previous mobile tech couldn't fix correctly, so there's that.

Sorry to hear that no one has contacted you. I had also left two messages and the assistant manager of the SC was supposed to get back to me, and he never did. The 2nd time I called, the lady was super helpful and sweet and she made sure to relay the message, and then he called me back within an hour on his personal phone.

My husband was saying if no one responded or they didn't fix, he would make a scene at the showroom (which I don't want to be present for).