Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Posted 0-60 times using which wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I found my mono block forged wheels --- $470 each and only 18 pounds ..

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

or these

Titan 7 T-R10 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Machine Black) | Evasive Motorsports

Just need a hub ring to bring it from 73mm center bore to 64.1mm center bore -
Muteki Hub Ring 73mm / 64mm | Evasive Motorsports

Lifetime structural warranty too!!!

3.6 lbs lighter than bare aeros and 5 lbs lighter than the stock 18 inch with aeros on - specs here - Titan 7 Forged Wheels - Forged For All

@TurnFast What do you think? Add some Michelin PSS 4s's..... I think I can set a new record with these....

Stock size is
  • Size: 18X8.5"
  • Offset: +40
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
  • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
  • Price: No Charge
  • Tire Spec: Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
  • Details: This is the original base model wheel that comes with every Tesla Model 3 free of charge.

they look good too. Would you be able to put a Tesla center cap on them or is that something you'd have to do custom

I think I found my mono block forged wheels --- $470 each and only 18 pounds ..

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

or these

Titan 7 T-R10 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Machine Black) | Evasive Motorsports

Just need a hub ring to bring it from 73mm center bore to 64.1mm center bore -
Muteki Hub Ring 73mm / 64mm | Evasive Motorsports

Lifetime structural warranty too!!!

3.6 lbs lighter than bare aeros and 5 lbs lighter than the stock 18 inch with aeros on - specs here - Titan 7 Forged Wheels - Forged For All

@TurnFast What do you think? Add some Michelin PSS 4s's..... I think I can set a new record with these....

Stock size is
  • Size: 18X8.5"
  • Offset: +40
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
  • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
  • Price: No Charge
  • Tire Spec: Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
  • Details: This is the original base model wheel that comes with every Tesla Model 3 free of charge.
Like those Titan 7 T-S5 wheels and the price for forged is extremely low.
Are you sure the 9.5 width will clear in front and back?
Which 19" do you think would fit since I am getting the Big brake kit which doesn't fit 18"s?
When you get them post some pics and tell us if they worked out.

I'm going the other route:

Sleeper.

Non-upgrade package, and I'm leaving it unbadged.

99% of cars on the road in my area won't have a clue until I'm already gone.

I dunno about the whole sleeper concept. Everyone knows already Tesla's are "no joke" so if you ever encounter one, you already assuming it's fast already. Anyone who seriously wants to take you on already knows they got you beat i.e. a hyper car, so it defeats the purpose of the sleeper concept.

I dunno about the whole sleeper concept. Everyone knows already Tesla's are "no joke" so if you ever encounter one, you already assuming it's fast already. Anyone who seriously wants to take you on already knows they got you beat i.e. a hyper car, so it defeats the purpose of the sleeper concept.

You've never been on the highway with overconfident STi or Mustang drivers, have you?

They try me in the 85, and are left wondering how the "slow" Tesla was still faster than all the upgrades (stickers) they've put into their cars.

An unbadged Model 3, right now anyway, could be anything from a RWD up to a P.

In 6 months, it might also include SR 3's.

So, yes, please, everyone getting AWD or Performance, badge your cars. The more of you that are out there, the easier it is for the "unbadged" to blend in.

(I do plan on taking it to the drag strip though)

You've never been on the highway with overconfident STi or Mustang drivers, have you?

They try me in the 85, and are left wondering how the "slow" Tesla was still faster than all the upgrades (stickers) they've put into their cars.

An unbadged Model 3, right now anyway, could be anything from a RWD up to a P.

In 6 months, it might also include SR 3's.

So, yes, please, everyone getting AWD or Performance, badge your cars. The more of you that are out there, the easier it is for the "unbadged" to blend in.

(I do plan on taking it to the drag strip though)

I guess it's a different crowd out here in Vancouver. There's more (faster) Tesla's than STi's on the road and most of the Mustang drivers love the concept of driving a Mustang rather than actually try to punch it on the road. If there's any kind of "racing" these days it's usually red light to red light. I rarely see anything on the highway these days (because everyone's driving way over the speed limit in the first place).

I guess it's a different crowd out here in Vancouver. There's more (faster) Tesla's than STi's on the road and most of the Mustang drivers love the concept of driving a Mustang rather than actually try to punch it on the road. If there's any kind of "racing" these days it's usually red light to red light. I rarely see anything on the highway these days (because everyone's driving way over the speed limit in the first place).

It usually starts innocently....me, in the middle lane, AP set to 75mph, and some 20-something in an STi, or a 40-something in a Mustang will blow past me on the right, then slow down in front of me, then pull in beside me and keep looking over.

Had one on Monday. STi did the maneuvers mentioned above, then punched it......I let him get about 2 car lengths ahead before I punched it too.

When he caught back up, he flipped me off and took the next exit.

Why, yes sir, I DID finish #1!!

:p:D:p:D:p:D

It usually starts innocently....me, in the middle lane, AP set to 75mph, and some 20-something in an STi, or a 40-something in a Mustang will blow past me on the right, then slow down in front of me, then pull in beside me and keep looking over.

Had one on Monday. STi did the maneuvers mentioned above, then punched it......I let him get about 2 car lengths ahead before I punched it too.

When he caught back up, he flipped me off and took the next exit.

Why, yes sir, I DID finish #1!!

:p:D:p:D:p:D

Haha nice.

Yeah, definitely a different type of drivers out here. Maybe 10-15 years ago your scenario might be more common but not these days with the influx of Mainland China money and real estate prices rocketing up. These days if you are 20ish you either have Civic money or you have M3/C63/RS4 (or better) money. Civic money are usually people who were born and raised here. M3/C63/RS4 money are mainly immigrant Mainlanders who buy the car because it represents wealth rather than performance car.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Haha nice.

Yeah, definitely a different type of drivers out here. Maybe 10-15 years ago your scenario might be more common but not these days with the influx of Mainland China money and real estate prices rocketing up. These days if you are 20ish you either have Civic money or you have M3/C63/RS4 (or better) money. Civic money are usually people who were born and raised here. M3/C63/RS4 money are mainly immigrant Mainlanders who buy the car because it represents wealth rather than performance car.

I'm about an hour outside Boston, on the "mixing line" between the white collar money of the city, and the "affordability" of the far-flung suburbs.