Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S Performance with 0-60 in 3.0s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't take this the wrong way, but unless you are going to be using this car on the track or for similar purpose, does shaving that .7 seconds really matter that much, especially when you are talking about a 3 second car already? LOL!

In any practical real world setting you are going to smoke whoever you like at will off the line and a .7 second 0-60 on public roads is inconceivably small, so I can only see this mattering in any real way on track times.

Don't take this the wrong way, but unless you are going to be using this car on the track or for similar purpose, does shaving that .7 seconds really matter that much, especially when you are talking about a 3 second car already? LOL!

Satchmo’s reply when asked about jazz also seems an appropriate answer to your question: "If you have to ask… you'll never know"

Last edited:

In any practical real world setting you are going to smoke whoever you like at will off the line and a .7 second 0-60 on public roads is inconceivably small, so I can only see this mattering in any real way on track times.
Tell me you're not a car guy without telling me you're not a car guy. 😁

yep, it does not list ludicrous mode... seems like Tesla could have added it on to resell, wonder why not
That is an excellent question! I am certain that Tesla neither forgot to add Ludicrous nor felt generous and wanted to give up some profit :D

My first guess would be the battery or drivetrain condition fell below a threshold where net present value (cost) of the 8 year warranty would exceed the extra revenue from adding the L now.

Remember what they said at investor day? "at Tesla, we are obsessed with measuring things". They are collecting data to the nth degree and probably know exactly what each and every one of their used cars are capable of, statistically speaking.

Last edited:
That is an excellent question! I am certain that Tesla neither forgot to add Ludicrous nor felt generous and wanted to give up some profit :D

My first guess would be the battery or drivetrain condition fell below a threshold where net present value (cost) of the 8 year warranty would exceed the extra revenue from adding the L now.
Should probably clarify what I meant: the extra strain on the car might cost more for the remaining warranty than the current price for that 'L'