TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Potential Depreciation on a Model 70

Discussion in 'Model S' started by coupedncal, Oct 27, 2015.

1. coupedncal

coupedncal New Member

Could current and past leasee folks kindly comment on what their potential depreciation cost has been on their leases? I have a friend who has a model 60 (with a 40 model capped capacity) that is coming to the end of the three year lease and she says Tesla is offering a program where all of the current car payment will apply into a new model 70 purchase. Frankly, i don't understand how this was even remotely possible if Tesla model S has anywhere near the standard new car depreciation cost. Does it mean the money factor of a Tesla is close to zero AND the car has insanely low depreciation? :smile:

Another way to look at it would be to analyze what is a good approximation for a one year, two year and a three year depreciation for say a new model 70 if someone was to lease this today.

2. tstafford

tstafford Member

I don't understand the question.

But to me the best way to gauge the depreciation is to look at the CPO prices on Tesla website. You can see what actual cars cost. Theoretical depreciation guesses are just that - guesses.

3. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

I'm not sure I understand the question as well. Most of the 40's were built and delivered around the same time in 2013. I didn't think they had a true lease program back then (May-July 2013). We received a guarantee repurchase agreement, sort of a guaranteed residual/trade in after 36 months, if we wanted to trade it in.

It was something along the lines of 50% purchase price and 40% on the accessories/options.