Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential new owner, got some q's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading this thread I'm glad I live in Florida. The cost of living in California is seems insane. It can't be that bad all over the state is it? I've visited the state before weather was beautiful (Southern CA) in the summer vs Florida. I won't complain about the hurricanes, crazy people and roads filled with slow moving retirees anymore!
When you're near major population centers, the cost of housing is crazy high. But California is a big place; there are lots of rural communities where costs are much lower. But the commute will be extremely hard if you work far away from home.

After reading this thread I'm glad I live in Florida. The cost of living in California is seems insane. It can't be that bad all over the state is it? I've visited the state before weather was beautiful (Southern CA) in the summer vs Florida. I won't complain about the hurricanes, crazy people and roads filled with slow moving retirees anymore!

Marin County (from the stats someone else listed above) is directly north of San Francisco and one of the richest and most expensive places to live in the entire country.

Other areas in the state (the San Joaquin valley for example, where I’m from) are quite affordable, near the national average.