TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pothole Avoidance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PunchIT, Feb 18, 2016.

1. PunchIT

PunchIT Member

2. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yes, that would be really good. We just lost a rear tire and rim two nights ago. The service response was excellent, though; the roadside assistance brought us a spare wheel/tire and installed it, and yesterday I got replacement wheel and two new tires (both rear tires were quite worn, so it made sense to replace both).

3. PunchIT

PunchIT Member

Sorry to hear that. I bent a rim couple months after the delivery. Ever since I have been very very careful.

I'm guessing this should be doable via a software update on the cars with air suspension. Any suspension experts here? :)

4. ElectricTundra

We're spending too much money on expanding roads and not enough on maintenance. I wonder how much our poor maintenance costs in damage to cars and how many crashes are caused by it.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Here they repair the roads a lot, but they don't seem to have the repair procedure down because within a month it's back to the way it was before the original repair. And it doesn't seem to matter if they just to a "fill" type of repair or take out the section and pour new concrete.

6. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Growing up in northern Ohio I use to cringe when hitting pot holes. Even after living in Florida for many years, I now cringe when my car hits a bump.

7. WMAC

WMAC Member

Ford Fusion video,says $3billion a year.

8. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

So confusing seeing your user name, not to many of us wmac kind of people :)

9. WMAC

WMAC Member

???

10. 1NJ85D

1NJ85D Member

11. unreliantrobin

Yeah.... 2 tires later for myself. Sometimes, it just happens at the worst times.