TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pothole Avoidance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PunchIT, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PunchIT

PunchIT Member

2. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yes, that would be really good. We just lost a rear tire and rim two nights ago. The service response was excellent, though; the roadside assistance brought us a spare wheel/tire and installed it, and yesterday I got replacement wheel and two new tires (both rear tires were quite worn, so it made sense to replace both).

3. PunchIT

PunchIT Member

Sorry to hear that. I bent a rim couple months after the delivery. Ever since I have been very very careful.

I'm guessing this should be doable via a software update on the cars with air suspension. Any suspension experts here? :)

4. ElectricTundra

ElectricTundra P85D AP1

We're spending too much money on expanding roads and not enough on maintenance. I wonder how much our poor maintenance costs in damage to cars and how many crashes are caused by it.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Here they repair the roads a lot, but they don't seem to have the repair procedure down because within a month it's back to the way it was before the original repair. And it doesn't seem to matter if they just to a "fill" type of repair or take out the section and pour new concrete.

6. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Growing up in northern Ohio I use to cringe when hitting pot holes. Even after living in Florida for many years, I now cringe when my car hits a bump.

7. WMAC

WMAC Member

Ford Fusion video,says $3billion a year.

8. EcoHeliGuy

EcoHeliGuy Member

So confusing seeing your user name, not to many of us wmac kind of people :)

9. WMAC

WMAC Member

???

10. 1NJ85D

1NJ85D Member

11. unreliantrobin

Yeah.... 2 tires later for myself. Sometimes, it just happens at the worst times.