Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coat base wheels the Metallic Gray?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The biggest reason I would is the fact my exterior color is the light silver. The darker wheels really set off the car. But I hate to "waste" the base wheels merely for appearance sake since they function just fine.

I would just love to see some and hear a report. I don't love being a Guinea pig! Ha

19 inch powder coated.jpg
Is this what you were looking for as far as a picture of the Base 19" in grey?
This photo is representative of mine. I plan on using these wheels for my snow tires in the winter months.
the center caps were once silver, I masked off the T logo and then primed and spray painted them with Dupli-Color then clear coated over the paint.
The powder coating is not inexpensive.
Shop around.

Any photos on the car?

Well, if you look at my SIG I have just ordered... however, I do have an extensive Model S photo library and am pretty sure I have some pictures of the base wheels in grey metallic.... give me a few mins....

Here is one sans the center caps.... Also Tsportline makes LUG COVERS in black with an on/off tool that makes the silver lugs disappear.

19 inch spoke grey.jpg

Here is another picture with the lug covers on but a pretty shoddy painting of the center caps IMHO....

19 inch dark grey stock Model S wheels.jpg

Here is one of a P85+ with a nice set IMHO...

P85+ PVD 19 inch Wheels.jpg

Last edited:
The gray wheels look good on the Midnight Silver car ... not sure about the black lug nut covers.

Did you also see the custom Black/Silver powder coat finish OEM wheel from the Tsportline photos?

Well, if you look at my SIG I have just ordered... however,
I do have an extensive Model S photo library and am pretty sure I have some pictures of the base wheels in grey metallic.... give me a few mins....

T-Sportline-BlackGold-Factory-Wheel-23-624x416-new.jpg

t-sportline-blackgold-factory-wheel-12-new.jpg

t-sportline-blackgold-factory-wheel-16-new.jpg

Last edited: