Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coating 19 inch sport wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a paint code available? Went by local shop today and its $140 per rim for painting, powder coating is unnecessary IMO (Tesla wheels come painted). Also the gloss vs satin vs matte finish is so hard to choose.
Tesla should have a paint code for the wheels, as they may different based on the wheel. Also, T-Sportline sells touch up paint that matches the Tesla OEM rims - so look at their site too.

Not Grey or Black but Satin Bronze

Attachments

• PXL_20220208_212411475.jpg
    PXL_20220208_212411475.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 487
Looks good - wish the 19" sport wheel would come the same color as the model S Plaid's 21" wheel. Did you take them off and do the insides too? Otherwise the silver paint would show.
No sir - just the outside. I have done it both ways before and the extra work to do the insides proved de minimus to the overall look. Plus - doing only the outsides i used every bit of the 5 cans in the kit... you wouldn't have enough hyperdip to do the insides, and outside correctly.

Reactions: Evpowerdan
They are pics taken when it was a sunny day. I will snap more when we have a sun - FYI: I Ceramic coated the car and the rims... when dirty or dusty they look like dark greyyyyyyyy.

The Rims are 19inch sports wheels from tesla.

DDF1C216-0888-4B52-8C31-88811F05F94F.jpeg

They are pics taken when it was a sunny day. I will snap more when we have a sun - FYI: I Ceramic coated the car and the rims... when dirty or dusty they look like dark greyyyyyyyy.

The Rims are 19inch sports wheels from tesla.

View attachment 829763
Blue looks amazing and different with the light. Your M3 Looks much better than the "Silver" colors wheels - wish those 19" sport wheels were the same color as the model S (21" Arachnid Wheels) & X (22'' Turbine Wheels).

Got mine done a few weeks ago in satin black, paint not powder coat. Wasn't sure at first, but really happy with how it turned out. Efficiency is identical to my 18" aero rims (no hub caps) per my trip computer after 1,000+ miles of driving already. Also I cannot tell a difference in ride quality or noise vs the 18" aeros. In fact part of me wants to say the 19" rims feel and sound better, but the Conti's could also just be better tires than the Michelin MXM4's.

IMG-8763 (2).jpg

IMG-8766.jpg

IMG-8764.jpg

IMG-8773.jpg

IMG-8774.jpg

Reactions: canasion35 and ss71