Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Company incentives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PattyChuck

Model S P100D, Model X P90D
Jan 24, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
I live in Indiana, and I've always thought that we were a bit slow to adapt to "new things" (I imagine we'll be one of the last states to get a Tesla Store). Luckily, I live very close to Chicago, and the Oak Brook Tesla store is only 65 miles away.

Imagine my surprise when I was having a conversation with a coworker about the Tesla and he asked if I was going to get the incentive offered by our power company (NIPSCO). Apparently, not only do they offer a reimbursement of up to $1,650 of the cost of installing a Level 2 charging station, but they also allow you to charge your vehicle between the hours of 10pm and 6am completely free. The program runs from now until January 15th, 2015. Unfortunately, they are only offering this to the first 250 customers who apply for the program. I can apply now, but I'll have to have the car within 60 days. I'm P# 6,703, so I'm guessing I won't see a new car until at least March of 2013. Bummer!

Nonetheless, this made me curious to know if anyone else's power company offered incentives?

I live in Indiana, and I've always thought that we were a bit slow to adapt to "new things" (I imagine we'll be one of the last states to get a Tesla Store). Luckily, I live very close to Chicago, and the Oak Brook Tesla store is only 65 miles away.

Imagine my surprise when I was having a conversation with a coworker about the Tesla and he asked if I was going to get the incentive offered by our power company (NIPSCO). Apparently, not only do they offer a reimbursement of up to $1,650 of the cost of installing a Level 2 charging station, but they also allow you to charge your vehicle between the hours of 10pm and 6am completely free. The program runs from now until January 15th, 2015. Unfortunately, they are only offering this to the first 250 customers who apply for the program. I can apply now, but I'll have to have the car within 60 days. I'm P# 6,703, so I'm guessing I won't see a new car until at least March of 2013. Bummer!

Nonetheless, this made me curious to know if anyone else's power company offered incentives?

Do you have to have the car or just install the Model S charger? Maybe you could install a HPC and that would count.