Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power limited. Ok to drive. Please schedule service.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Power limited. Ok to drive. Please schedule service."

I got this alert while supercharging on a road trip about a month ago. My car has been in service since last Monday for diagnostics. No answer yet on what the issue may be or when I will get the car back.

The car appeared to drive/charge just fine, and I did not notice any reduction in power.

Has anyone else had this alert? Curious what the issue was.

(2018 LR AWD)

"Power limited. Ok to drive. Please schedule service."

I got this alert while supercharging on a road trip about a month ago. My car has been in service since last Monday for diagnostics. No answer yet on what the issue may be or when I will get the car back.

The car appeared to drive/charge just fine, and I did not notice any reduction in power.

Has anyone else had this alert? Curious what the issue was.

(2018 LR AWD)
I had that issue once during a rash of "Charging equipment fault" warnings, which turned out to be an untightened bolt. See Charging Equipment Fault

I've now gotten this alert a few times over the last month, usually while starting to charge, but either SC or AC(home).

Any idea of the cause? Hope it also doesn't take a few weeks since the service ctr is 80miles away...

BTW, I have yet to notice any "power limit".