Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Steering failure and brief FSD experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 23 MYP’s power steering stopped working suddenly. Performed a hard reboot and it started working again, however, it felt loose and irregular. Dropped it off at a SC that I’ve not been to before and the experience was pretty great. Loaner provided ASAP and repairs completed in ~48 hours.

The car required a new steering rack assembly. Would be nice if Tesla stopped delivering trash cars but barring that, it’s great to deal with the fantastic service team at the Decatur SC in Georgia.

The loaner they provided came with full FSD beta. I have to say it was comically bad both on surface streets and the freeway. I had to disable it because it tried to cross double white lines multiple times. There’s no universe where FSD is worth $12,000 USD. I would not pay even $1000 for FSD, however, AP remains a really great system. Elon’s sycophants on YouTube really overstated the capability of the system and I was genuinely surprised at how poorly it performed. These are only my opinions.

71573622331__0E102909-35F4-4300-AC7A-69C32498B329.jpeg