Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall app request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Powerwall app request related the PW interaction with a plugged inTesla. We need more control over inadvertent uploading solar to the grid, particularly with pending anti-net metering legislation.

(moderator note: removed file as I had no idea what it is. If its a picture repost it.)
Note to moderator. Please help. This is my first attempt to attach a file. The file in question is a PDF and it seemed to loan properly. I am able to click on the image below and it downloads properly on my PC. Where have I strayed?

Attachments

• 20210515 Powerwall app feature request.pdf
    632.5 KB · Views: 53
Tesla’s app strategy seems to be KISS, which is great for marketing, but not great for those of us who want more granular control on how everything works specific to our own needs and rate plan.

I think it would be better to separate the energy and car apps into 2 discrete apps, but I doubt they will.

To OP, that seems to be using two similarly named accounts…

I am for sure not downloading and opening some random pdf file posted to a forum by a user in their first post. Life is too short to take risks with cyber security. 🤔

Like the mod said, if it’s a picture repost as a pic so people can view it without having to download and open. If it’s words, cut and past into the forum so we can read.

(moderator note: I see the PDF attached to the secondary posts you made, and took a look at it. It appears to be a regular PDF so I have left it there. The file in your original post did not appear to be a PDF which is why I removed it).

=============================

(regular post content, representing myself not as a TMC mod)

OP, you might have the wrong impression here. TMC is not affiliated with Tesla in any way, other than being an unofficial message board. We have no way to pass on anything to tesla. You also have your personal information in that PDF (name, etc) which is not something most people in todays times would post online like that. Of course its up to you, but its not something I would do.

If you wanted to get discussion going about what you are talking about here, it would have been better (in my opnion) to copy all that text inside the PDF into a post here, and upload the picture into the post as well (the same way you did the PDF). There isnt any reason I see for that being a PDF and not a regular post. You would likely get more feedback on it if it was just text here vs a PDF, even though it wont be escalated to tesla from posting it here.

The above is all said as a regular poster and is not ment as moderation direction (everything below the dashed lines).