Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall - Availability and Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a quote for 6 more panels and 2nd Powerwall for just over £18k, lead time for panels 6 months and PW about a year.
Previous installation (with the same company) in October 2020 was for 9 panels and 1st Powerwall and cost about £14.5k.

Either prices have really gone up or this is a sellers market or both.

One question I have is where people are getting their power walls from?

I was after a PW and Solar, so went on the Tesla site and put in my postcode and it came up with a list of local providers.

I chose one of them (Egg) as it was near to me and went through the quote process etc. For a comparison I got another two quotes, but neither of those companies offered PW . They were cheaper, mainly due to the battery option.

anyway, I was assured by Egg that they had no issues in getting PW from Tesla, they have a standing continual order and carry 3 months stock for their own installation.

on that basis I placed the order in August 2022.

I have an installation date of 16 January 2022 and have literally an hour ago had confirmation that everything will be installed at once, including the Powerwall and gateway.

to me, going down this route (looking for a Tesla “approved” installer) seemed logical.

So are other people who are facing long delays having taken the same route as me (and I just seem to have fallen lucky) or using some other approach to get hold of a Powerwall ?

Yep, Q3 next year for a PW for me, with order being placed at the start of June 2022. Like you I went via the tesla site, but after the various surveys, they said this:

" I am sorry to report we had a meeting with Tesla last week and we were told they are no longer taking firm orders for Powerwalls as their backlog is now extending out to 15 months of production, meaning that any new orders will not be fulfilled before the second half of 2023 (Q3 2023).

Due to the high levels of inflation, they are unable to set a price now for production carried out in 12 months' time. "

So I'm yet to find out what the price will be, and fitting, albeit that is likely to be end of next year/start of 2024, if I'm lucky.
In the meantime, it looks like Solar panels will be fitted mid Jan next year. This from an order at the start of June 2022.

So yes, I think you're lucky.

Interested to hear peoples current wait times, experiences and pricing on Powerwall's here in the UK.

I have my first coming in February 2022, £8,000 inc vat.

Looking at a second and been quoted £9280 with June 2023 delivery.
Bit late to this, but couldn't you just adjust your first order to be 2 PWs and accept that the 2nd one will be delivered late?

No, with my supplier you join a queue, if you add more PW then you still join the queue for the subsequent PW
I get that, but can't the original invoice be amended to include the 2nd PW and you have two spots in the queue? Then no VAT.
I could see that looking dodgy if the first one was already installed but as it doesn't go in until next year...?

We have now received these and the current expected date for your battery/Gateway is 15th March 2023, we appreciate this is not great news and can understand your frustration as you have been delayed for many months however this is out of our control on stock availability.

We've just had this notification from our installers, who are registered Tesla Powerwall installers. Our order was placed March 2021 along with solar, which has been installed since last summer.

It does make me question if the price premium and long lead times are worthwhile, given the savings that we've missed by not being able to time shift overnight rates in winter, and not being able to store excess solar last summer.