Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can access the OS region settings; it shouldn't be hard to use that to calculate the warranted capacity (unless/until Tesla starts changing things).
Add a little mouseover disclaimer to the value field ;)

After 5.5 years mine still shows as 103%. I've no idea what it was when first installed unfortunately.

It's interesting that the local web interface to the battery reports a different %age fullness value to that supplied by the API. The two numbers get steadily closer as they approach 100%

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 43
  • poercomp.jpg
    poercomp.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
It's interesting that the local web interface to the battery reports a different %age fullness value to that supplied by the API. The two numbers get steadily closer as they approach 100%

This is something we have known for a while.

There is a discussion about it in the following thread, along with a chart posted by @power.saver that shows the sliding scale of this.

I am a newbie to the forum so please forgive any etiquette errors.
I have just had a Powerwall 2 installed and am using the Powerwall Companion but don't fully understand all the elements, specifically .....
1/ What is the small Green line inside the Battery % circle ?
2/ Is there a readme explaining the App ?
3/ Is it possible to show hourly graduations on the graph ?
I know mouse over gives date and time but it only stays visible for a few seconds and my old eyes and brain are not that quick.

BTW if you like the app, please add a review/rating on the Microsoft Store, and/or show your appreciation on my ko-fi page.
This brings me back to a time when a lot of user developed software was shareware, or "if you like it, please donate", instead of "in app purchases" like it is now. In that spirit, this is a nice app so I donated at your ko-fi page. Thanks for not making it in app purchases or something.

1/ What is the small Green line inside the Battery % circle ?
This shows the minimum and maximum state of charge for the day (there is a tooltip for this!)

2/ Is there a readme explaining the App ?
Nope, although I'm happy to answer any questions and also add more tooltips if that will help.

3/ Is it possible to show hourly graduations on the graph ?
Not at the moment but I can see if I can make these more dynamic depending on available space.

I know mouse over gives date and time but it only stays visible for a few seconds and my old eyes and brain are not that quick.
Yeah I noticed this too, I'll see if I can make the tooltips stay for longer.

This is something we have known for a while.

There is a discussion about it in the following thread, along with a chart posted by @power.saver that shows the sliding scale of this.

Now that you remind me I do remember reading either that discussion or one just like it

Reactions: jjrandorin
If you update to 4.6 today you'll find the tooltips are way better!
View attachment 998690
Tried, still 4.5. Or I just messed it up.

update. had to remove previous version, would not overwrite it.

ps. do you take time to eat and sleep? ;) :D

pps. way cool, 2 decimal places or more.

ppps. can it show total energy usage with some decimal places?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: tomho
I was able to update mine by visiting the store, searching up the app. After about 30 seconds, an 'Update' green button appeared below the 'open' button.
I tried this on my laptop. Waited more than 30 sec.
I pressed install and a smaller window popped up. I waited again, nothing below open. I opened "more details" and found the "update" prompt and that worked. No need to uninstall.