Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Can I update my iPhone Tesla APP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gone to the Apple app store and tried that but nothing. Google search doesn't find much. Recently in my car a notice said that the window can now be closed from the app. If so I need an app update.

You need both the appropriate version (or newer) of the Tesla app, AND (not or, but AND) the appropriate version or later of the vehicle software, which you can do NOTHING about getting sooner than they push it to you.

I suspect that you have the latest version of the tesla app but your car does not have the latest firmware, and no there is no way to get that firmware sooner than it shows up as "your car has a software update" in your car.

Upvote 0
You need both the appropriate version (or newer) of the Tesla app, AND (not or, but AND) the appropriate version or later of the vehicle software, which you can do NOTHING about getting sooner than they push it to you.

I suspect that you have the latest version of the tesla app but your car does not have the latest firmware, and no there is no way to get that firmware sooner than it shows up as "your car has a software update" in your car.
Thanks for that information. The confusion is that I was leaving in the car just yesterday, and there was a message on the screen saying that I could open or close the windows from the app. I was in a rush, so I didn't read it thoroughly, but it made me think the app/car was ready.

Upvote 0
Delete the app on your iphone reinstall the tesla app from app store this should give you the latest update which is 4.20.69
Tesla News, Latest Software Updates, Tesla Rumors and Tips

Tesla News, Latest Software Updates, Tesla Rumors and Tips

If you goto this website it will show you what the latest software@app updates are and what the changes are. With the software updates you are entirely at the discretion of tesla as to which update you recieve requires alot of patience

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just to clarify: After searching for the Tesla app, you may see the Tesla app with the word OPEN, but after clicking to view the APP information, it should say UPDATE.
Same thing happened for me. When searching for the app in the App Store it just says OPEN. But instead of taping OPEN (to the right), tap the Tesla icon (to the left) to view the application information detail. Then you will see UPDATE.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify: After searching for the Tesla app, you may see the Tesla app with the word OPEN, but after clicking to view the APP information, it should say UPDATE.
Brilliant, I have my iPhone set to auto update apps and I've never noticed this be a problem before.
Searching the Tesla App on the App store and tapping on Tesla Logo rather than the "Open" button opened up the app detail as suggested and on that screen "Update" magically appeared. Thanks for the tip 👍

Upvote 0