Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, got another update almost ready to go. I'm moving to Tesla's new "Fleet API" which gives you more control over which apps get access to which data (and will likely be the only supported way to call Tesla's API soon). This is a fairly big change so I want to make sure I don't break anything - if anyone is willing to test this and let me know if it's working for you, could you please DM me your Microsoft Account email address?

Reactions: Matt-FL
I just had my system installed. 2 Powerwall 3s, already says -7% degradation.

1703630049913.png

Hi @tomho

I've been using the Powerwall Companion app for a while now, but the latest update seems to have screwed things up for me. I've done the login, and allowed both permissions, but I get this error:

View attachment 1003669

Any ideas what I've done wrong, or how to fix?
Thanks for letting me know. I'm updating the app to work with the new Fleet API.. Possibly it's not working for users in all regions... I'll look into this tomorrow.

When I exported a day's data, the totals didn't add up to the summary in the app. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to export a total for each day, such as 34.0 kWh grid usage, 9.3 kWh solar?
When you are on the daily view, the exported data contains instantaneous power values (in watts) at 5 minute intervals. If you add all the numbers together and divide by 12 (because there are 12 five minute periods in an hour) you'll get the approximate total energy for the day in Wh. However this will only be approximate as the power usage may change between the readings. To get an accurate total I'd suggest switching to weekly or monthly view and exporting from there, as that will give you the daily energy totals without any need for manual calculations.

Reactions: Grayson73
Hi tomho,
Love the App and was just curious, do you have plans to add the ability to calculate income and expenditure for those of us that export power ?
I hadn't considered that. Can't you get your solar feed-in income from your power company?
A lot of people who want to do more complex analysis of their usage use the data export feature and then do the calculations in Excel or similar.

When you are on the daily view, the exported data contains instantaneous power values (in watts) at 5 minute intervals. If you add all the numbers together and divide by 12 (because there are 12 five minute periods in an hour) you'll get the approximate total energy for the day in Wh. However this will only be approximate as the power usage may change between the readings. To get an accurate total I'd suggest switching to weekly or monthly view and exporting from there, as that will give you the daily energy totals without any need for manual calculations.
Since you are reading off of Tesla's data, are you only using their 5-minute number? Does Tesla integrate accurately what happens between the 5 minute data?
Are you able to integrate the raw reading gathered x number of times in that 5 minute interval?