Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release notes mention 5.1 but I'm still on 5.0. Maybe tonight? I leave the app running 24/7 in the corner of a screen and if it's missing in the morning (as it was today) I get excited because that usually means a new version.
5.1 is rolling out slowly. Nothing super exciting in this release, but I did fix an issue where the data wasn't reported correctly when the local PC's time zone is different to the Powerwall's. Hopefully not something that a lot of people ran into, but it should run more predictably for people who are travelling.

A side question - does the raw data you can access include any history of battery capacity? Knowing the current figure is great but if the data is available it would be interesting to see the degradation over time (5 years for my battery)
Alas no - if it did I would definitely use this information. Maybe one day I'll update the app to save its own history, although obviously this would only be useful if you run the app over a long period of time.

5.1 is rolling out slowly. Nothing super exciting in this release, but I did fix an issue where the data wasn't reported correctly when the local PC's time zone is different to the Powerwall's. Hopefully not something that a lot of people ran into, but it should run more predictably for people who are travelling.

Great, thanks. Will test it in late March or early April when we have to travel to Chandler, AZ. to meet the 3rd grandson being delivered about that time.

Awesome! Next version will allow storage of historical battery capacity in the cloud, and display of this on a chart.
Without knowing your ins and outs of getting such app online, let alone updating it, I just checked it on my laptop, going through same router and modem, the laptop still has the 5.0.0 version. Would a segmented rollout be why? Not sure how the IP addresses work or how such updates are directed by segments.
Just curious and interesting.

ps. does your avatar ever discharge from 100%? ;) :D

Last edited:
Without knowing your ins and outs of getting such app online, let alone updating it, I just checked it on my laptop, going through same router and modem, the laptop still has the 5.0.0 version. Would a segmented rollout be why? Not sure how the IP addresses work or how such updates are directed by segments.
Just curious and interesting.

The Microsoft Store provides an option to roll out the app to a configured percentage of users. Given I do this as a hobby, I have no resources and limited time for testing, so I like to roll out gradually so if I've broken something I'll find out before too many users are affected. If all looks good I push the update out to everybody within a few days. I have no control over who does or doesn't get the update besides setting the percentage, but you can sometimes encourage the store to give you the latest if you navigate to the app's page and look for an Update button (rather than just waiting it to update on its own).

ps. does your avatar ever discharge from 100%? ;) :D
So far I'm still fully charged, but we'll see if that changes as I age...

Reactions: charlesj
Historic data date back to Nikola Tesla? I'm impressed! ;)

1705269781775.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: charlesj
Hey all, I have a beta of a new Android app update in the Play Store. Most of the changes are behind the scenes to use the new APIs, although I've also made a small change to Powerwall battery health "extra info" option to show the warranted %, similar to the Windows version.

1705788839702.png

I'd love some people to try this out before I push this out to everybody. To do this you need to opt-in to beta versions:
  1. Open the Play Store
    Google Play
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & device > Manage
    and then
    Installed.
  4. Find Powerwall Companion and tap to open its detail page.
  5. Under “Join the beta,” tap Join
    and then
    Join.
If you have any problems with the new release please let me know, but you can also roll back to the current production version using similar steps.

Hey all, I have a beta of a new Android app update in the Play Store. Most of the changes are behind the scenes to use the new APIs, although I've also made a small change to Powerwall battery health "extra info" option to show the warranted %, similar to the Windows version.

View attachment 1010741

I'd love some people to try this out before I push this out to everybody. To do this you need to opt-in to beta versions:
  1. Open the Play Store
    Google Play
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & device > Manage
    and then
    Installed.
  4. Find Powerwall Companion and tap to open its detail page.
  5. Under “Join the beta,” tap Join
    and then
    Join.
If you have any problems with the new release please let me know, but you can also roll back to the current production version using similar steps.
This is a beautiful app. Unfortunately I don’t have an android device - any chance of a iPad/iPhone app ?
Also - do you mind telling us a little about the app cevelopement - what language do you use ? What libraries ? What admins do you use for graphs etc ?